Monitor Flashes

edited August 2008 in Hardware
Every now and then the screen on my monitor will blink like it is going to hibernate while I am in the middle of typing or doing something else?

what's going on?

Comments

• edited July 2008
    Make sure your VGA/DVI cable is plugged in snugly. Also, you should try changing your refresh rate in the control panel.
  • MrTRiotMrTRiot Northern Ontario Icrontian
    edited July 2008
    Purplez wrote:
    Make sure your VGA/DVI cable is plugged in snugly. Also, you should try changing your refresh rate in the control panel.

If that's not it. You may have a failing video card or your video resolution is too high for your current card...
  • ins4n17yins4n17y Cabanatuan City, Philippines Icrontian
    edited July 2008
    what kind of monitor display are you using? make and model
  • edited August 2008

how do i change my refresh rate
  • edited August 2008
    isiea wrote:
    what kind of monitor display are you using? make and model

mitsubishi diamond pro 900u
  • mas0nmas0n howdy Icrontian
    edited August 2008
    Every now and then the screen on my monitor will blink like it is going to hibernate while I am in the middle of typing or doing something else?

what's going on?

What video card are you using? Some card/driver combinations will cause the screen to go black for ~1 second while they switch between 2D and 3D clock speeds.
  • LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited August 2008
    Refresh rate change:

right click on the desktop
    select Properties
    click on Settings tab
    click on Advanced
    click Adapter tab

Now select the resolution you want with last entry (selection) being 60 Hertz. Most LCD monitors are designed for 60 Hertz. (The Hertz setting is also called "refresh rate.")