System and Game Crashes :(

TvManPwnsTvManPwns Manitoba, Canada Member
edited July 2008 in Hardware
So recently I have been experienceing some crashes while I am playing any kind of game on my comp. It has only been occuring during load times in game and usually just shuts the game down. Sometimes it will shut my whole comp down and go into a restart. I'm not sure if you need any system specs but i'll give em to you anyway just in case, I'm running a 3-4 year old E-machines T3095 With another Gig of memory and an EVGA 7600 GT card. I'm not OCing anything so I don't think that should be the problem. Another thing that might be worth noting is that in games some of the picture will "freeze" up every once in a while and will just have white lines where there might have been a texture.

Thanks in advance,
TvMan :)

Comments

• ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited July 2008
    E-Machines of that age are notorious for ****acular power supplies that, I theorize, exist solely to obliterate any hardware connected to it.
  • TvManPwnsTvManPwns Manitoba, Canada Member
    edited July 2008
    Ok, so if i'm getting this correctly (fill me in if i'm not) my power supply is the one in question?

Thanks for the quick responce Thrax.
  • edited July 2008
    Well, your prolly running something close to a 350w power supply, that was stable then, and isn't stable at all now with your extra hardware.
  • CycloniteCyclonite Tampa, Florida Icrontian
    edited July 2008
    I'm in agreement with Thrax.
  • WinfreyWinfrey waddafuh Missouri Icrontian
    edited July 2008
    uhh, eMachines...
    *shudder
    edited July 2008
    FreeC8675 wrote:
    uhh, eMachines...
    *shudder

You know, when I worked at Office Depot, we sold a lot of them. I heard fewer complaints about them than I did about any other system we sold. I'm not sure if it was because expectations were low to begin with, but I had more returns on Systemax and HP computers than eMachines.

Aside form the crappy power supplies, I'd say they were good throw-away computers.
    edited July 2008
    My only experience with them has been with broken or spyware/virus infested systems. They just conjure up bad memories.
    edited July 2008
    I think that comes from the type of people buying them. "Oh! My first computer. Let's go cheap. I like cheap stuff." *Takes computer home and sees banner ad for more cheap/free stuff* "Oh! Yay!" *Clicky clicky clicky*
    edited July 2008
    Very true, but that doesn't help me when they ask me to fix them. And their bad rep is mostly not their fault. But the clientèle that the eMachine targets is the very group of people that you and I know, who from the instant they use their computer it gets worse.

I just can't see myself buying one or suggesting someone else to buy one.
    edited July 2008
    FreeC8675 wrote:
    I just can't see myself buying one or suggesting someone else to buy one.

I'll agree with you there. We're a completely different market. Definitely not their target. However, I would never suggest one to anybody. You know how retail is though. Any sale is better than no sale. Heh.
  • TvManPwnsTvManPwns Manitoba, Canada Member
    edited July 2008
    Yes I know. E-machines. I wasn't even sure if i wanted to admit that I had one. ;)

But yes. It was cheap and has served me well. I also have figured out what the problem is, I had been playing with my memory settings in the BIO's and that was messing it up a little bit. Sorry for the trouble but it still hasn't fixed some funny textures ingame. It is now stable and I haven't gotten a crash since I set everything back to defaults.

Thanks for your help though. (And I am happy to say I tend to keep my comp virus free) ;)