System keep freezing even after reinstall

2»

Comments

• Your-Amish-DaddyYour-Amish-Daddy The heart of Texas
    edited August 2008
    You overclocked that 8500. It is knackered. You do not Overclock budget cards, they're not designed to work ANY HIGHER THAN THEY ARE DESIGNED!

Seriously, why in the hell would you overclock a crappy video card? The slight performance gain you receive isn't worth the cost of the card. It's not even worth the cost of getting a lesser card.
  • revorocksrevorocks England, East Sussex, Hove Member
    edited August 2008
    Well, i overclocked it because i wanted better performance. On the cube thing in ATI at stock speeds it was getting 160FPS, after the overclock, i got 212 fps and i had scanned for artifacts for 3 hours with no problems. To me thats an ok overclock, or isn't it? It still works fine. I played Crysis on it yesterday along with CSS, no problems atall. Is there any software i can use to test weather my card is on the way out?
  • Your-Amish-DaddyYour-Amish-Daddy The heart of Texas
    edited August 2008
    That card draws just enough power to run it stock. And I mean just enough. It has to pull more power after you overclock it, and 52 fps in a pixel stretch demo isn't exactly...good. My 3200 gets 240 in it. It's integrated.

Your real world performance was maybe 5 fps in games. Since it corrupts graphics, it's toast. That's how you test.
  • revorocksrevorocks England, East Sussex, Hove Member
    edited August 2008
    Right, Well, ive been using my pc all day today and it seems to be absolutly fine. I really don't know whats going on.