SMP 6.22beta2

csimoncsimon Acadiana Icrontian
edited August 2008 in Folding@Home
Just a headsup for any machines running the SMP client. I stopped mine (v5.92) last night to game and when I tried to restart it it wouldn't go. After a little looking around this morning I came to the conclusion that it had expired and been replaced by the SMP 6.22beta2.

Apparantly it seems that the unicore and multicore (smp) versions are tied into one and to initiate the smp client the "-smp" flag needs to be added into the advanced settings of the config file. This was all I needed to get my machine going but others may have more issues than just this ...or not.

Hint: I dloaded the executable and replaced the old (v5.92) with the new (v6.22) and ran the exec w/ the -configonly flag to add the "-smp". This is also neccessary because there are other changes to the config that need to be addressed before you start the client.

Thanks,
Chris

Comments

• LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited August 2008
    Yup, I ran ragged trying to figure out why my computer would not run the new client.

-smp flag

Another observation. If running two Windows SMP clients simultaneously on the same computer, ensure to continue usue Affinity Changer. It's about a 25% instant boost in production. I had though maybe it wouldn't be needed for this latest SMP release. Wrong. PPD was pretty bad until I reinstalled Affinity Changer.
    edited August 2008
    Chris, why did you post this thread in the ICX Committee forum? Mind if I move it to the open forum?
  • csimoncsimon Acadiana Icrontian
    edited August 2008
    Leonardo wrote:
    Chris, why did you post this thread in the ICX Committee forum? Mind if I move it to the open forum?

No go right ahead.
    edited August 2008
    It's OK, there a good thread going there now.
    edited August 2008
    LOL ...I knew that!

My main concern has to do with production loss actually. And I discovered also that it's not only the smp client that has expired.

If everyone is paying attention however ...we'll have minimal production loss. Even though, the installation instructions have a few ppl confused anyway.
    edited August 2008