Championship Gaming Series - Pro-AM TF2 tournament? Want to give it a shot?

primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' BoopinDetroit, MI Icrontian
edited August 2008 in Gaming
Season 1 is free. Do we want IC to try to represent? Do you guys think we have what it takes to compete for real?

Discuss.

Comments

• GnomeQueenGnomeQueen The Lulz Queen Mountain Dew Mouth Icrontian
    edited August 2008
    Hmmm.
  • TiberiusLazarusTiberiusLazarus Icrontian
    edited August 2008
    Could be fun as long as those who sign up commit to it. :/
  • pigflipperpigflipper The Forgotten Coast Icrontian
    edited August 2008
    I saw that too...

Count me in, will give me a break from classes this fall.
  • SnarkasmSnarkasm Madison, WI Icrontian
    edited August 2008
    In. Will commit to practice, even.

Let's rumble.
  • pigflipperpigflipper The Forgotten Coast Icrontian
    edited August 2008
    Though I can't find it, I am going to assume that its a 12v12 league, since thats what the maps are balanced for.
  • UPSWeezerUPSWeezer Behind you... GENTLEMEN Icrontian
    edited August 2008
    What games?

EDIT/ nvm, found 'em
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited August 2008
    uh.... tf2? Like the title says? :p
    edited August 2008
    uh.... tf2? Like the title says? :p
    im sry. i dont pay attention to these things.

but, yeah. i'd play in a tf2 tournament.
  • MAGICMAGIC Doot Doot Furniture City, Michigan Icrontian
    edited August 2008
    I would be down.
  • CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian
    edited August 2008
    As would I, depending on the schedule.
  • BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian
    edited August 2008
    I saw this on the valve news the other day also. Schedule permitted I would be down...assuming I was wanted :-P I believe I am a pretty good Medic/Sniper/Engi depending on the level. Some organized practice would help everyone greatly. From what I read there wasn't really a time frame or even an idea of when the matches would be.

-Bobby
  • Gate28Gate28 Orlando, Florida Icrontian
    edited August 2008
    I'm good for it too, ill totally be on every night if we start doing competitive stuff. I'm good with spy/heavy/sniper, in no particular order.
  • CrazyJoeCrazyJoe Winter Springs, FL Icrontian
    edited August 2008
    I would be up for this!! Team {IC} FTW!!!
  • GnomeQueenGnomeQueen The Lulz Queen Mountain Dew Mouth Icrontian
    edited August 2008
    i can haz play?
    edited August 2008
    Count so far:

In:
    TiberiusLazarus
    pigflipper
    Snarkasm
    ][v][AGIC
    Gate28
    Crazy Joe
    Gnome_Queen

Depends on X:
    CB
    Bobby1211

Posted here:
    primesuspect
    UPSWeezer

Thats 11 if all works out.

-Bobby
  • fatcatfatcat Mizzou Icrontian
    edited August 2008
    im debating it
  • Gate28Gate28 Orlando, Florida Icrontian
    edited August 2008
    im excited! we should get to practicing soon, need something to tear me away from soul calibur 4
    edited August 2008
    We would need to have tryouts. If we're going to be competing for real, we have to have the best of the best on this team.
    edited August 2008
    This is the only time info I have seen so far.

08/01/08 Season 1 Registration Opens
    09/03/08 Season 1 Registration Closes
    09/10/08 Season 1 Begins
    11/07/08 Season 1 Playoffs Begin

I have created my CGS account. User bobbydigi

Anyone happen to come across the amount of players per team?

-Bobby
  • fatcatfatcat Mizzou Icrontian
    edited August 2008
    We would need to have tryouts. If we're going to be competing for real, we have to have the best of the best on this team.

this means prime and keebs and whoever they choose ;)
    edited August 2008
    i'd really like to play but my computer can't run tf2 a the moment. once i get this new psu i'll see if what i can do.
    edited August 2008
    fatcat wrote:
    this means prime and keebs and whoever they choose ;)

Its good...
    :life:

Registration ends 09/03 so lets get the ball rolling. I'm going to be on a team, I would love it to be {IC}. I guess it depends on the number of players needed but we have minimal interest here. I think we will need more then the number of players in case there is a need for a backup. That said I think we should invite other non {IC} quality players to our tryouts.

If we are doing tryouts lets set a date. I offer and am fulling willing to take on planning responsibilities if requested. I suggest that 2-3 nights next week we set for tryouts and anyone interested show up as much as possible then the powers that be (Prime and Keebs as it may be) choose a team and backups if we get enough interest.

The "season" starts 09/10, thats only a week after reg closes. I think we need to have a team together in the next 1-2 weeks to have a good 2-3 weeks of practice as a team.

-Bobby
    edited August 2008
    I'm down with that. I think we need to keep in mind Zebie, Cannon, and the others that play with us under the IC tag, but won't ever see this thread. We probably need to spread the word.
    edited August 2008
    Bobby, I'm perfectly happy letting you organize. How do you propose we handle tryouts?

One thing that we'll need to do is actually coordinate team gameplay. None of this relying on how good each individual is. We need to actually learn to coordinate as a team, call out tactics, call out "plays" as it were, and have everyone on the same page.
    edited August 2008
    I was going to suggest putting an announcement on the steam group but one of our fearless leaders beat me to it...
    Want to form a team for the CGS Pro-Am tour?

I was reading this: http://pro-am.thecgs.com/

and signup is free for the first season. Do you guys want to try to form a team that could compete professionally? We'd have to seriously work on team tactics and strategy... Ideas? Thoughts? Discuss on forums: http://icrontic.com/forum/showthread.php?t=73081

-Bobby
    edited August 2008
    Not to mention how do you differentiate "who wins." If we have an engi guarding the intel room, he/she may get 6 points a round, but might be key to preventing captures. We need to find ways besides points to choose who's in/who's out. If it's a vote, it's a vote, no problem, but we should probably rank on general competency in each class and go from there, much like the TF2 awards we did earlier.
    edited August 2008
    Bobby, I'm perfectly happy letting you organize. How do you propose we handle tryouts?

One thing that we'll need to do is actually coordinate team gameplay. None of this relying on how good each individual is. We need to actually learn to coordinate as a team, call out tactics, call out "plays" as it were, and have everyone on the same page.

Coordination comes with practice. As stated we need a play book. We all know the maps, we just need to set how many of each class we want for each map/round and EXACTLY what each member does on start and then strategy past that handling as many "What if"s we can.

I think tryouts will come with numbers. If we are dealing with a 12 man team and we only get 12 people dedicated, no need for tryouts.

List so far:

In: :D
    TiberiusLazarus
    pigflipper
    Snarkasm
    ][v][AGIC
    Gate28
    Crazy Joe
    Gnome_Queen
    Bobby1211
    primesuspect
    I_AM_SPARTACUS

Depends on X:
    CB

Out: :(
    UPSWeezer (Can someone loan this man a machine to play?)

Others:
    fatcat (Interested?)
    Zebie
    Cannon
    Others on Group Icrontic

-Bobby
    edited August 2008
    Input!
    ...the game is played 6v6. You can't have more than 6 in the server at a time - You can however have more than 6 players on your roster.

-Bobby
    edited August 2008
    Who the hell is "I AM SPARTACUS"? I'm talking about doing this for {IC} members :confused:
    edited August 2008
    Well ****. 6v6 blows. That's not even enough to fill out the classes, for God's sake.

"Professionals," my ass.