Not making past boot screen!

TvManPwnsTvManPwns Manitoba, Canada Member
edited August 2008 in Hardware
Ok, the title pretty much says it all. I turn my comp on and all I get is the nice big E because I have an e-machines. I only have had this happen now after I restarted my computer to finish the install of the sonic stage software that came with my mp3.

What I've already tried:
-taking out the ram one stick at a time to see if any have failed.
-removing all the add in cards
-reseting the BIOS (several times)
-Made sure all of the cables in the computer where connected properly.

Ty for you help and time,
-TvManPwns

Comments

• bullzisniprbullzisnipr Topeka, KS
    edited August 2008
    What does the harddrive indicator light on the front do? Does it stay steady, come on temporarily and then shutoff, or not come on at all?

Also, go into the bios and make sure it is detecting your harddrive, if so change the boot order so the harddrive is the first device it attempts to boot from.
  • TvManPwnsTvManPwns Manitoba, Canada Member
    edited August 2008
    kk, I haven't checked my HDD light but I will definitely do that tomorrow and reply back. That would make sense though because I have had trouble with my drive and with it heating up to the point of being able to fry and egg on the case. =/
  • TvManPwnsTvManPwns Manitoba, Canada Member
    edited August 2008
    Ok, Actually it just loaded up. Strange because it wasn't even letting me get into my BIOS or letting me change my boot order before. I had just left the computer on frozen there all day while I was at the lake and aparetnly it decided it wanted to work again. It did however give me and error message for my HDD so I do know for sure that that is the culpret. Ty for all your help Bullzisnipr!