BSOD 0x08e when launching STALKER

edited August 2008 in Hardware
Hello everyone. MY first post here (yay).
I used to play on my friends stalker game because it didnt work on his PC, but only single player, without any patches. Yesterday i bought my own game to play multi. It works perfectly on the standard version. As soon as I patch it, it crashes to BSOD jsut after the loading screen. Dont know what to do.

My comp: (once again everything worked just fine before patching)
P4 3.2 800
GF 6800 256
1024 DDR2
Windows XP Home
Drivers i just installed 175.19

What should i do? i bought the game just for multi and to play it i need them patches...I live in the UK, but when i try to install the woldwide version of patches it says i got the US version of the game.

ANY help would sure be appreciated, thx.

Oh, the BSODs full number is :
STOP: 0x0000008e (0x0000005, 0x84f6a00a, 0xb9dbfb4c, 0x00000000)

PS: On one of the stalker forums i found some info about the drivers. it says there that the newest drivers might not work, so i downloaded and installed 163.75.

Please explain to me what i gotta do to get rid of this in layman terms ^^

Comments

• PirateNinjaPirateNinja Icrontian
    edited August 2008
    Sounds like you use the haxor version of the game. You should not use the haxor version.

Easy fix is not play at all, economy needs you. Work hard. Increase the value of your national currency.

Yes this is solution.

(Don't kill me Prime)
  • LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited August 2008
    The blue screen crash - upon trying to enter load Windows or upon trying to load the game?

If Windows, have you tried entering Windows in Safe Mode? If you can do that, enter in Safe Mode, uninstall all video drivers and the game and start over. I'll let gamers advise on what particular Stalker edition/formula (whatever) to install.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited August 2008
    Sounds like you use the haxor version of the game. You should not use the haxor version.

Easy fix is not play at all, economy needs you. Work hard. Increase the value of your national currency.

Yes this is solution.

(Don't kill me Prime)

Why would I kill you? I agree 100%. If you pirated it, don't ask for help. The only solution is BUY THE GAME. Support the people whose livelihoods are making these things to entertain YOU.
  • Your-Amish-DaddyYour-Amish-Daddy The heart of Texas
    edited August 2008
    8E is hardware IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL. Software ain't got dick to do with it.

Next, we analyze the assumption of piracy. If it wern't for piracy, you wouldn't have Blu-Ray.

If it only happens with stalker, you might be running your gear just a bit too hard and it doesn't like it. Do you own a pre-built machine?
  • edited August 2008
    1) Can you not f*****g read? I BOUGHT the game, so how can it be a pirate? Also, how could i play online if it were a pirate? So why bull****? Sorry for the harsh words, but because one idiot accused me of stealing doesnt mean that all of you got to follow him.
    2) Upon launching the game, only the patched versions
    3) My gear is fine it runs ok when the game is unpatched. (on version 1.0000)
    4) I got a prebuilt DELL dimension 9100. In the next 2-3 weeks im planning to spend about ~£1000 for a new machine, before going to uni.
    5) I solved the problem (took me about 8 hours to find the cause, got help from two forums, one - asian gaming community and an aussie one). I found 3 other ppl around the world who had the same problem and all of them had Creative Soundblasters Audigy 2 ZS. All i had to do was find 2 of the newest drivers and install them, one after another, uninstalling both the previous and the new one first.
    6) Now i got another problem...No matter what drivers i install, with these patches the weather effects are just..well...f****d up. I can see all kinds of giant squarish surfaces flying with the wind or falling down with rain throughout the whole level map...But i dont care anymore, it runs ok when there is no rain, and my new machine is coming.

Thx for all the help (?) if i get any more problems ill be sure to visit this forum again.
  • bullzisniprbullzisnipr Topeka, KS
    edited August 2008
    1) Can you not f*****g read? I BOUGHT the game, so how can it be a pirate? Also, how could i play online if it were a pirate? So why bull****? Sorry for the harsh words, but because one idiot accused me of stealing doesnt mean that all of you got to follow him.
    2) Upon launching the game, only the patched versions
    3) My gear is fine it runs ok when the game is unpatched. (on version 1.0000)
    4) I got a prebuilt DELL dimension 9100. In the next 2-3 weeks im planning to spend about ~£1000 for a new machine, before going to uni.
    5) I solved the problem (took me about 8 hours to find the cause, got help from two forums, one - asian gaming community and an aussie one). I found 3 other ppl around the world who had the same problem and all of them had Creative Soundblasters Audigy 2 ZS. All i had to do was find 2 of the newest drivers and install them, one after another, uninstalling both the previous and the new one first.
    6) Now i got another problem...No matter what drivers i install, with these patches the weather effects are just..well...f****d up. I can see all kinds of giant squarish surfaces flying with the wind or falling down with rain throughout the whole level map...But i dont care anymore, it runs ok when there is no rain, and my new machine is coming.

Thx for all the help (?) if i get any more problems ill be sure to visit this forum again.

not the best way to begin here. :rolleyes:

since you're having artifacts with the weather effects, you could very possibly have a dying gpu. do you get artifacts anywhere else?
  • edited August 2008
    not the best way to begin here. :rolleyes:

since you're having artifacts with the weather effects, you could very possibly have a dying gpu. do you get artifacts anywhere else?

And i dont really care. Its also not too good to accuse someone of stealing eh? All other games run just fine. I told you, this only happens when i play the patched version of the game so it must be the patches' fault (it prolly gets in conflict with my 6800 drivers or something)
  • Your-Amish-DaddyYour-Amish-Daddy The heart of Texas
    edited August 2008
    Or maybe the drivers for your 6800 haven't been "updated" since the end of 2007.
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited August 2008
    That's not true. Forceware 175.19 was released on July 9, 2008 and supports all GeForce 6000-series GPUs. The Windows XP drivers can be found here.

The only current driver set that does not support the 6000-series is the Forceware 177.xx, which delivers PhysX support to 8000-series or newer cards.