I broke down and got a gaming tattoo

Private_SnoballPrivate_Snoball Dover AFB, DE, USA
edited August 2008 in Gaming
I know a lot of people think gaming tattoos are stupid, but I figured I share mine with y'all anyway, see what you think. Its quite obviously a take on the Gears of War logo.

I'm jumping the gun considering its not complete yet. I have another session to fill in the rest of the skull and gear with gray to make it look more like stone.

It was done by Eddie over in Creative Ink Tattoos is Delaware.

The first picture is the current final. The 2nd is the design he started with. And the 3rd one is just awesome looking lol.

Seriously let me know what you guys think.

Comments

• edited August 2008
    The tattoo looks nice. I would have changed the placement of it, however, to the center of the back.
  • tmh88tmh88 Pittsburgh / Athens, OH
    edited August 2008
    So I'm assuming you follow MLG's brackets? Are you on a gamebattles team?

lol forgot to say that it looks good. are you gonna have any red shading done?
  • LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited August 2008
    I would have changed the placement of it, however, to the center of the back.
    Great idea! So then, move it.
  • FelixDeSouzeFelixDeSouze UK New
    edited August 2008
    Very nice mate, Yeah.. a little red would have made it nice.. and blimey, you blead a
    lot!

I forgot to post my latest tattoo on IC, so HERE it is.
  • Private_SnoballPrivate_Snoball Dover AFB, DE, USA
    edited August 2008
    Very nice mate, Yeah.. a little red would have made it nice.. and blimey, you blead a
    lot!

I forgot to post my latest tattoo on IC, so HERE it is.

I wish I could see those pictures, everyone is making a big deal of them in the replies.

Yea I was bleeding like a mad man. Thats my first tattoo, I didn't know what I was getting into haha.

I'm not going to put any red in there. I'm just going to go with a more stone look. Me and the artist went over the idea of red for a bit but I liked the direction he went for it. Its similar enough the its recognizable, but he put enough of his own design that people won't have the same exact one.

I didn't put it in the center of my back because I'm a pretty skinny person and it would have distorted the look of the whole tattoo having it sit there.

Thanks for the feedback. i'll probably start liking it even more when it stops falling off in chunks from my back.
  • HarudathHarudath Great Britain Icrontian
    edited August 2008
    15 years from now you'll be the guy that really wished he hadn't got that Pacman tattoo.
    edited August 2008
    Harudath wrote:
    15 years from now you'll be the guy that really wished he hadn't got that Pacman tattoo.

I don't think so. Even in 15 years if I don't play videogames it'll just be a story about a time in my life when i was into videogames. Either way I like it.
  • FelixDeSouzeFelixDeSouze UK New
    edited August 2008
    I wish I could see those pictures, everyone is making a big deal of them in the replies.

Yea I was bleeding like a mad man. Thats my first tattoo, I didn't know what I was getting into haha.

I'm not going to put any red in there. I'm just going to go with a more stone look. Me and the artist went over the idea of red for a bit but I liked the direction he went for it. Its similar enough the its recognizable, but he put enough of his own design that people won't have the same exact one.

I didn't put it in the center of my back because I'm a pretty skinny person and it would have distorted the look of the whole tattoo having it sit there.

Thanks for the feedback. i'll probably start liking it even more when it stops falling off in chunks from my back.

How come you can't see the pics?

Do yourself a favour and DONT pick the scabs.. you will pull the ink out!! I'm sure the tattooist already told you that tho! :P
    edited August 2008
    How come you can't see the pics?

Do yourself a favour and DONT pick the scabs.. you will pull the ink out!! I'm sure the tattooist already told you that tho! :P

I'm not picking at it, skin is just falling off haha. I can't see the pictures cause I'm on a government computer and they frown on facebook :(