PSPs

TvManPwnsTvManPwns Manitoba, Canada Member
edited September 2008 in Gaming
Ok, so tonight i'm borrowing Purplez PSP cause I want to use his custom firmware to create a softmod pandora battery for me to use on mine and possibley my uncles PSP (gotta get some PSX action on my psp)... So anyway, I've been reading different tutorials on how to make them and on a bunch it says you can use a slim battery (what I have) for the hardmod. I was reading an article about the softmod batteries though because I just want to use it for the 2 PSPs and still be able to use my battery but it says that I can't use a slim battery. Is this true because it really doesn't make any sence why I can use a slim battery for a hardmod but I can't use the soft mod on it when its essentually the same thing. Anyone have an idea on this cause I really don't want to touch any hardware on Purplez PSP just to be sure and I also don't want to go out and buy another battery cause that'll be a while and I don't want to sit by the wall plugged in with the AC (would kill the point of a PORTABLE)... Any thoughts on this would be awsome. :)

Comments

• tmh88tmh88 Pittsburgh / Athens, OH
    edited August 2008
    You'd probably get a better answer from somewhere like http://www.psp-forum.com/ . I know nothing about PSP's, sorry.
  • TvManPwnsTvManPwns Manitoba, Canada Member
    edited August 2008
    Mmk, thanks for the link. :)
  • edited August 2008
    Yeah, lucky me. I got the fatty portable, so transferring the firmware from my friend's friend slim was simple.
    edited August 2008
    Ok, update.

I fried my battery after trying the softmod which didn't work for me.
    The reason it fried is cause I got a little to ambitious and decided it was ttime to try a hardmod.... lol, didn't work out to well. Anyway, I am going to have another go at hardmoding a new battery once I get enough money for another one.. I'll update once i've had another shot at it.
    edited September 2008
    Update: I ended up softmoding my Puplez battery and making my own magic memory stick. Took a long time to figure out what to do but it eventually worked. I was also able to test it out again on a family members psp and it took only 10 minutes or so after I had figured out what I was doing.