ViewSonic E90f Blurry Problem

joey1355joey1355 Makati, Philippines
edited August 2008 in Hardware
Hello to all and good day!

I bought this brand new last 2003. it has no issue or what so ever. but last week i have this blurry/blurred in the center of the screen and the 4 corners look sharp but a bit shrink(1024X768 @ 60Hertz). I've already googled the problem to no luck. when i change the resolution to 800X600 @ 60Hertz the problem seems to vanish but not quite and when i change the resolution to a bit higher i smell something burning inside:eek: and the monitor keep flickering with all the colors rumbling inside:confused: and immediately[FONT=&quot][/FONT] turn it off. and when i turn it on again the blurry problem persist. whhooow... i hope i can revive this monitor. please help me guys, masters, guru, all...

i recently bought a second hand Dell P1110 monitor which i find very good monitor after i read the thread about it in here.(a million thanks for that thread it made my dell outstanding)

Comments

• TvManPwnsTvManPwns Manitoba, Canada Member
    edited August 2008
    Is the monitor with with the blurring problem a CRT monitor? If it is then the tube might be shot.
  • joey1355joey1355 Makati, Philippines
    edited August 2008
    TvManPwns wrote:
    Is the monitor with with the blurring problem a CRT monitor? If it is then the tube might be shot.
    ahhhwwww:sad2: this is bad. oh i forgot to mention sometimes when i hit it hard its doing fine then after 5 or 10 min its blurry again and i will hit it hard again but no use....:(
  • Your-Amish-DaddyYour-Amish-Daddy The heart of Texas
    edited August 2008
    FOR THE LEET ONLY! If you don't know the risks of 13,000~ odd volts at roughly 25 amps can do to a man, do not do this, because you will either screw up your monitor or end up in a hospital or body bag. I ain't kiddin'. CRT monitors are like big lightning bombs. Except they don't explode...They just zap the piss out of anything.

Ok, if you're leet, take the shell off of the monitor. You're looking for a big black device encased in a box of metal on the PCB, not on the back of the monitor. Take a NON MAGNETIC small Flathead screwdriver and shine a light into that box. You're looking at the Cathode calculator. This device calculates the rate to refresh, recharge and focus the light on your cathode ray tube monitor. The knob/screw/thingy you're looking for is going to be on the right side. Oh did I mention this voids your warranty...Oh boy it does, and if you screw it up might void your warranty on your life. These things pack some mean voltage.

The screwdriver should slide right into place, and you turn it VERY FRIGGIN SLOW until you see the screen respond in a desired method. It turns two ways, left and right and it will stop when it's reached the end of it's thingy. But, if doing this once doesn't fix it, leave the screwdriver in there, and cut the shell slightly. Usually I just mark on the side where the point is, and drill a hole in the case and make a little extension nob thingy for it. Even though the nob has two stopping points, you will never have to go beyond them anyway, because if it loses power for too long, it's only going to be a very gentile, very small turn to fix, and they turn for like...almost 10 inches.

Like I said, this crap is dangerous and probably your only alternative. I've had to do this on four occasions, and 3 of which the monitors still work fine on their third year like that, only requiring slight adjustment every so many months.

Oh, and if you do decide to do this, pick up some high dollar life insurance while you set up. Your family will thank you if you screw up.

Edit:// This link shows the kind of power a CRT packs.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited August 2008
    Uhh.. Basically, don't do what Your Amish Daddy is talking about. Icrontic is not responsible for the above advice. If you touch anything in there, you'll die.

Die.

Do you understand that?

Don't do it.
  • Your-Amish-DaddyYour-Amish-Daddy The heart of Texas
    edited August 2008
    Yeah, I meant to say that it's not recommended to do for anyone except the dumb and the dead, but if he knows an electrician they can set him up with the knob in the side. It's actually not as dangerous as it sounds if you don't screw with the tube or the flyback anodes. If he just goes right for the calculator, he'll be fine, because it's on it's own ground.

But yeah. Don't do it.