MMO

ThrallThrall steinbach MB Canada
edited September 2008 in Gaming
i want to find a good mmo that's free but not a complete joke (rune scape ect..) and im looking for anything i can get because i don't have money for something like WOW but i don't want to end up playing something stupid.

Comments

• edited September 2008
    Aeria Games publishes decent games that can occupy your time, usually having great graphics. They are completely free to play.

Last Chaos is one I recommend you try.
  • ThrallThrall steinbach MB Canada
    edited September 2008
    ya i tried that one but i liked it at first but it got a bit repetitive and the community wasn't as good as id hoped but i mite give it another shot
    edited September 2008
    well its re-downloading now i hope i can get back into it
  • TiberiusLazarusTiberiusLazarus Icrontian
    edited September 2008
    Tharll wrote:
    ya i tried that one but i liked it at first but it got a bit repetitive and the community wasn't as good as id hoped but i mite give it another shot

So you're looking for a completely free MMO that has good content, isn't repetitive, and has a good community without a bunch of dicks running around?:confused:

Good luck, let me know if you find one :p
  • Gate28Gate28 Orlando, Florida Icrontian
    edited September 2008
    RF online is simple, yet in depth. It just went F2P too! do a google search for the game and youll find it no problem
  • GnomeWizarddGnomeWizardd Member 4 Life Akron, PA Icrontian
    edited September 2008
    http://www.ncsoft.net/global/gamenservice/playncgames.aspx?game=DR

dungeon runners, Go for it ITs by NC soft who created Lineage II which is what i play
    edited September 2008
    thanks for the help :D
  • GnomeWizarddGnomeWizardd Member 4 Life Akron, PA Icrontian
    edited September 2008
    Dont forget about Rappelz
  • CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian
    edited September 2008
    Guildwars isn't completely free, but you only have to pay for it once, and you can find it pretty cheap at WalMart or Target. Also: It's great fun.
  • kryystkryyst Ontario, Canada
    edited September 2008
    Dungeon Runners is pretty cool it has a pay mode, but the free mode certainly delivers enough content to keep things going.
  • MAGICMAGIC Doot Doot Furniture City, Michigan Icrontian
    edited September 2008
    There are a few nice Ragnarok free servers around.
  • PreacherPreacher Potomac, MD Icrontian
    edited September 2008
    CB wrote:
    Guildwars isn't completely free, but you only have to pay for it once, and you can find it pretty cheap at WalMart or Target. Also: It's great fun.

CB,
    how would you compare GW to WoW?
  • Gate28Gate28 Orlando, Florida Icrontian
    edited September 2008
    GW = WoW, but takes more short-term time to play and a little more skill
  • CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian
    edited September 2008
    Preacher wrote:
    CB,
    how would you compare GW to WoW?

I only played WoW for a couple of days, so I might not be a good judge, but I thinmk that guild wars puts more of a focus on small group dynamics (2-6 players), while WoW, in the end-game at least, is focused on larger groups. Guild wars doesn't have nearly as many items to choose from for your Avatar to wear and wield, so if you're really into loot, that might be a bit disappointing (at any given point in the game, there are basically just two sets of armor to choose from for each class, and you never find armor out in the environment). Also: If you want to play GW with no PvP, it's totally possible (except for one short guild battle that the story makes you do in the begining of the game), and still completely fun.
  • PreacherPreacher Potomac, MD Icrontian
    edited September 2008
    Thanks, CB and Gate28. It sounds like something worth trying, especially since there is no monthly fee.
  • edited September 2008
    Cabal or 2Moons, perhaps? I have no knowledge on these games, but I can honestly say they don't look like a joke.
  • TvManPwnsTvManPwns Manitoba, Canada Member
    edited September 2008
    2Moons is not for the light of heart, lvl grinding is like a stroll in hell.

I have a sorta hybrid summoner if anyone wants to go for a test run in game. lvl 53 or somthing... Just pm me in you want, I am not using so i'll have no problem giving it away to anyone.