Comp wont load past xp loading screen.

edited September 2008 in Hardware
ok guys here is the deal i start on my computer and the big red Compaq screen pops up, then it goes into the do you want to boot recovery or xp home edition? then it goes into the boot in safe mode(with networking blah blah) and the start it normally. No matter which one i choose(even safe mode) it wont load, it will start the windows XP loading screen then reboot and start the process over, think i can get some help?

Comments

• ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited September 2008
    You will need to hook your hard drive up to an external adapter on another PC, back up your data, then reload the machine from scratch.
  • edited September 2008
    seriously? thats no good, i dont have an external hard drive, or an adapter to hook up 2 comps.
  • TvManPwnsTvManPwns Manitoba, Canada Member
    edited September 2008
    Well, If you don't have anything you need to have backed up you can hop skip and jump right to step two of what Thrax suggested. ;)

I have a small partition on a portable hard drive that I have in case of this kind of situation that I can boot off of. (haven't tried it since I just set it up, but I think that would work). If you have a portable and a second comp the you could try partitioning it and loading windows on to the small partition you made and backing up the files on the other section or on blank media... I'm not possative it will work (like I said I haven't tried it personally) But i'm sure i'll be corrected if i'm wrong.