The Ultimate Privacy Policy

MrTRiotMrTRiot Northern Ontario Icrontian
edited September 2008 in Gaming
I recently got an e-mail from ATITD. Since I haven't played in almost a year I wondered about there privacy policy and what they were actually doing with my e-mail address...

This is what I was presented with...

"The only thing we will do with this email address is send you information about A Tale in the Desert, and whatever game we write next. If you ever get spam becuase of entering your email address here, you may call my personal cell phone at: 1-412-973-7914 and yell at me directly.

How's that for a privacy policy?

Andrew Tepper
President, eGenesis, LLC "

http://www.atitd.com/newsletter.html

Comments

• KwitkoKwitko Sheriff of Banning (Retired) By the thing near the stuff Icrontian
    edited September 2008
    That's pretty ****ing cool. That's a guarantee I can live with!
  • MrTRiotMrTRiot Northern Ontario Icrontian
    edited September 2008
    Kwitko wrote:
    That's pretty ****ing cool. That's a guarantee I can live with!

That's what I thought. It's even more remarkable that Mr Tepper actually PLAYS atitd on a regular basis. Imagine the inventor behind WoW getting PK'd in battlegrounds...not something you see all too often in todays MMOs

Rock on Andrew Tepper! :rockon::vimp::rockon:
  • pigflipperpigflipper The Forgotten Coast Icrontian
    edited September 2008
    ATITD is still going? I remember beta testing for them YEARS ago.
  • CrazyJoeCrazyJoe Winter Springs, FL Icrontian
    edited September 2008
    Yep, I also beta tested ATITD, it was pretty cool from what I remember, just not too much to do but build lots of bricks...
  • Gate28Gate28 Orlando, Florida Icrontian
    edited September 2008
    wow...thats pretty hawt.

I wish some of the bigger developers would do that. How big is the ATITD fanbase? think they ever gets abused?
  • MrTRiotMrTRiot Northern Ontario Icrontian
    edited September 2008
    This is only a guess but I would say the "paying fanbase" is around 2-3k, maybe less.