Speel cheker!

edited December 2003 in Community
Howe aboata speel cheker in teh nue an raply pajes?

Mi speeling's terrible, butt speeling arrars dryve mi up teh whall!

HALLPP!

Comments

• EyesOnlyEyesOnly Sweden New
    edited December 2003
    Not a bad idea but since i can't code i don't know if it would be difficult to do. It would be nice to have though.
  • QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    edited December 2003
    taht wood b grate.... butt spell checker kan ownly check wordz taht r truely mispeled. Eye often use words speled corectly butt still teh rong word.
  • ShortyShorty Manchester, UK Icrontian
    edited December 2003
    There is one available... but it isn't cheap. Il look into it :)
  • KwitkoKwitko Sheriff of Banning (Retired) By the thing near the stuff Icrontian
    edited December 2003
    Any spell checker will not remedy the "you're/your", "its/it's", "could've/could of", "should've/should of", "would've/would of", and "there/they're/their" problems. Those require a grammar checker or a short, sharp shock (obscure Floyd reference) upside one's head.
  • ShortyShorty Manchester, UK Icrontian
    edited December 2003
    Kwitko = grammar maestro.
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited December 2003
    Not necessarily. :D
  • RobRob Detroit, MI
    edited December 2003
    I was just talking with primesuspect about my magical speelin.

You get my vote for a spell checker, I'm almost retarded when it comes to spelling.
  • botheredbothered Manchester UK
    edited December 2003
    If there are any spellings I'm unsure about I copy them into Word, check them, copy them back. Takes but a jif.
  • EnverexEnverex Worcester, UK Icrontian
    edited December 2003
    Do people actually really need to spell perfectly on the forums? I mean the only time it is hard to read or looks awful is when someone has either written is insanely fast in the first place, in which case they wouldn't actually use the spell checker, or secondly, the person writes either in all uppercase or all lowercase, as neither of this situations would be solved by the use of a spell checker.

If it is for your own personal benefit, then I recommend keeping word open or some other spelling aid, to correct problems, but for the most part, it seems a little unnecessary.
  • profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited December 2003
    Dictionary.com is handy. If you can get anywhere close to the proper spelling it will suggest the correct word. :thumbsup:
  • Al_CapownAl_Capown Indiana
    edited December 2003
    profdlp had this to say
    Dictionary.com is handy. If you can get anywhere close to the proper spelling it will suggest the correct word. :thumbsup:

I'll second that. For when someone uses a big word or I need to check a spelling, or need a synonym.

My IE Window
  • GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    edited December 2003
    I haven't noticed too many misspellings around here, ever...