Rounded Cables $.99 - Sale still on

LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciersEagle River, Alaska Icrontian
edited July 2003 in Trading Post
...at svcompucylcle.com. I just ordered a bunch for my computers upgrades.

http://www.svcompucycle.com/cables.html

I've purchased from Silicon Valley Compucycle before. They are a customer-friendly company with generally competitive prices.

They now have 10", 18", and 24" IDE and floppy cables from 99 cents to $2.99 each. You guys like me that have been wanting rounded cables for a long time but were too cheap to order - here's your opportunity.

Leo

Comments

• fatcatfatcat Mizzou Icrontian
    edited June 2003
    get my recomendation here also...i ordered two 10" single ATA133 Copper braided IDE cables and an 18" single silver braided floppy cable from them last week. Top quality cables and it was under $10 including shipping!

fc
  • LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited July 2003
    The cables were waiting for me when the family and I returned from vacation in NYC and Connecticut. The were just as described. Replaced all cables, fired up the computer - floppy, CD burner, backup IDE drive, and RAID array worked flawlessly.

THANK YOU to SVCompucycle for dirt-cheap rounded cables!
  • mcwcmcwc Vancouver, BC Member
    edited July 2003
    Damn it, why can't I find rounded cables that cheap in Vancouver? The cheapest I found are $8.99CDN. I'm still using folded ribbon cables.
  • qparadoxqparadox Vancouver, BC
    edited July 2003
    I swear eventually i'm gonna contract someone to buy a whole bunch of crap from SVC and then get it shipped up here. After shipping it won't be that much cheaper for some of the items, but the selection available in the Lower Mainland generally sucks (either too expensive or low quality or both)
    edited July 2003
    SVC has already stopped the rounded cable promotion (loss leader?). WRONG! Still on sale. (See my next post.)

Keep your eyes open, I think you'll see this happen again with another vendor. I'll definitely post if I see something similar.
  • mcwcmcwc Vancouver, BC Member
    edited July 2003
    Komodo Computers at Crystal Mall had black rounded cables for $8.99 or somewhere in the $8.xx range. They were in plastic bag and they looked decent.

Anyone willing to accept a money order?
    edited July 2003
    I stand corrected - rounded cables are still at "blowout" prices at SVC -- http://www.svc.com/cables-super-blowout-cables.html .

Friends in Canada: get one of your US friends to buy some for you. Shipping won't be all that much; I've shipped to Canada on several occasions. The US sender should mark "gift" on the customs declaration, therefor incurring no import duty.