We are gonna be hurting

mmonninmmonnin Centreville, VA
edited December 2003 in Folding@Home
Well I know UVJVS_Lab is going to be down during Christmas break. Starting friday sometime there will be no production from the lab. Thats 4k+/wk for 2.5 weeks.

Also it looks like SimGuy is not going to be folding anymore. There is another 2k+/wk lost for good I think.

The Frogs are set to pass us in June. Its going to be earlier than that it looks like.

So guys. We need some more POWER!!!!

Comments

• BudBud Chesterfield, Va
    edited December 2003
    why did sim guy stop? and why is lab down?
  • mmonninmmonnin Centreville, VA
    edited December 2003
    Well no one is going to be there for weeks and new carpet is going to be installed in the lab as part of school renovation.

I looked and SimGuy has not turned in any WUs in since this afternoon. Read the thread in feedback about SimGuy.
    edited December 2003
    is sm20 up yet and when is sm21 gonna get rolling :eek3: , we need to beat the frogs!:rockon:

:fold::fold::fold: :kneel: :fold::fold::fold:
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited December 2003
    Ouch. That's a vicious point drop...

But then again, we've kicked it up a notch before, we can do it again.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited December 2003
    Yeah, no biggie. We've lost two gigantic point producers in the past year, and we're still shuffling along.

We'll figure it out.
  • mondimondi Icrontian
    edited December 2003
    Mr Kwitko has received my 2500 for sm21...what other parts are we lacking to start this box going????
    edited December 2003
    who is gonna host the sm21?
  • mondimondi Icrontian
    edited December 2003
    Bud had this to say
    who is gonna host the sm21?

will be determined when we have all the parts accounted for
  • t1rhinot1rhino Toronto
    edited December 2003
    Don't worry... I am getting 6 x dual 3.2 xeon servers this month, and should have them folding early in January.

That's 38.4 Xeon folding power! That should make up for some of the lost production. :thumbsup::fold::fold::fold:
    edited December 2003
    cool t1rhino, well what parts do we have for the sm21 then?
  • edited December 2003
    t1rhino had this to say
    Don't worry... I am getting 6 x dual 3.2 xeon servers this month, and should have them folding early in January.

That's 38.4 Xeon folding power! That should make up for some of the lost production. :thumbsup::fold::fold::fold:

Not good for us Frogs.;)
  • t1rhinot1rhino Toronto
    edited December 2003
    Just a rough estimation, but I expect a minimum of 75-80 points per day per 3.2 Xeon.
    That's roughly 6500 points a week. :thumbsup:
    edited December 2003
    HOLY SHYT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

w00tness. By that time the lab will be back and I will be adding 2.5 more GHz.

Well I think a case and power supply for SM21 I think. SM20 should be up soon.
  • gtghmgtghm New
    edited December 2003
    I'll be getting SM 20 up by the end of the weekend.
    Sorry guys, but work has been busy...
    I do have all of the parts now... :)

Later,
    "g"
  • csimoncsimon Acadiana Icrontian
    edited December 2003
    I'm expecting a jump in production ...I just went thru each machine and deleted each of the registry keys because they all matched ...and that explains the problem I've been having with showing 9 active processors when I actually had 30.
    The reason for this was because I used ghost and didn't leave the registry key open like I should have ...will do next time for sure.

So ...if any of your machines match user id's ...see me.
  • t1rhinot1rhino Toronto
    edited December 2003
    w00t!!!
    3 of the servers just arrived. That's 1.5 weeks ahead of schedule. :)
    I hope the rack gets here soon, cause they take up a lot of desk space. :D
    edited December 2003
    Great csimon and t1rhino. Wil be looking forward to you guys to replace what will be lost and then we will kick some butt when my lab comes back online.

Remember everyone, labs do not make the team. Every computer running helps. Doesnt matter how slow. It all helps the project. If you have been thinking about it, now is the time.
  • DogSoldierDogSoldier The heart of radical Amish country..
    edited December 2003
    Rhino, you are my personal Jesus! Csimon, you are the nerd uncle I never had!
  • BuiesCreek847BuiesCreek847 In a van, down by the river, NC Icrontian
    edited December 2003
    popworm.gif
  • Al_CapownAl_Capown Indiana
    edited December 2003
    I'll see what I can do. I might be able to put 2-3 P4 1.8's on the job. If I go over to any friends/family's house this break I'll add F@H to their pc's if they're decent. But for sure I should be able to get 2 P4 1.8s.
  • JengoJengo Pasco, WA | USA
    edited December 2003
    too bad i only got this damn 1.2 celly and i was out for a couple weeks.... man...

wait till i get my other comp up and running (probably around 1.8 ghz) at least i will do alot more i dont know how much tho... i wish i could help more, but im a poor boy...

sorry guys :banghead:

Jengo
    edited December 2003
    No sorry needed. Help all you can. Thats all.
  • DogSoldierDogSoldier The heart of radical Amish country..
    edited December 2003
    OK Yoda.
  • Geeky1Geeky1 University of the Pacific (Stockton, CA, USA)
    edited December 2003
    I suppose that if push comes to shove, I can always grab a pair of earplugs and a portable A/C unit and start running the AMD systems 24/7... :D
  • ShortyShorty Manchester, UK Icrontian
    edited December 2003
    UpAllNight had this to say
    Not good for us Frogs.;)
    BuiesCreek847 had this to say
    popworm.gif

Hmm.. I have a feeling we are being watched :wtf:.. I found a lilypad by the back door earlier.. and it wasn't there before... hmmm ;)
  • edited December 2003
    Go for it Geeky!:D I installed a 10,000 btu window ac in my computer room to keep the ttemps down in there with my farm running.

As for my contributions, I will be upgrading all my duallies to either Tbred B or Barton procs that are capable of running stably over 2.2 GHz. Plus, I'm retiring my KT133A board and putting my A7N8X back in service with a barton and I just ordered a Pee4 2.6/800 that I will be playing with after Christmas too. I also have a junky old case lying around, as well as a junky old psu and vid card and nic, which should be good enough to keep my KHA+ board in operation so I can take my laptop out of the loop since it is getting some age on it and I need it for work, so I'll take it offline from folding 24/7. My farm should end up looking like this by Jan1 or so:

1 dually with Tbred B's running at 2250
    1 dually with Tbred B's running somewhere between 2.1-2.3
    1 Dually with Bartons running around 2.3
    1 NF7-S with a Barton at 2.4
    1 A7N8X with a Tbred B at 2.3
    1 P3 1.26S at 1.45 (sat gateway computer)
    1 8KHA+ with a Tbred A at around 1.9
    1 IC7 Max2 with a Pee4 at ????

I will also be going and checking on my brother's rig and see if it has been folding lately.
  • Geeky1Geeky1 University of the Pacific (Stockton, CA, USA)
    edited December 2003
    No way. I might as well try sleeping in the middle of a runway. Although I'll leave them on when I'm awake, at least until it warms up.

I'll make up for it next fall though, if nothing happens to derail my plans. When I go to college, I'm planning on racking & water cooling all of my desktops, as well as getting the 3 extra CPUs I have going again (I've got the boards for them, too...).

If that works out, I'll have the following (assuming nothing changes):
    2 2500s @ 1.89GHz each
    1 1800 @ 2.4-2.5GHz
    1 1700 @ 2.3-2.5GHz
    1 1700 @ 1.5-1.8GHz (Palomino)
    1 2200 @ 2-2.2GHz (TBred A)
    1 Celeron 1300 @ 1500

Hell, if I get a new laptop next summer, maybe I'll take the P4A-2.4 out of my current laptop and put it in an 865/875 board (or whatever is best at the time)...

And the Celeron is going as soon as I get a good deal on 2 1GHz+ SMP-capable P3s...

So that's a total of as much as ~18GHz... but it has to wait until I can go to water, which isn't until I go to college at the earliest.
    edited December 2003
    I could so sleep in our basement with 6 computers running, soon to be 7 when I add my next machine after Christmas.

Get wireless and put one in every room to heat the house.;)
  • edited December 2003
    mmonnin had this to say
    I could so sleep in our basement with 6 computers running, soon to be 7 when I add my next machine after Christmas.

Get wireless and put one in every room to heat the house.;)

An AMD space heater for every room, huh Marc?;D ;D
  • Straight_ManStraight_Man Geeky, in my own way Naples, FL Icrontian
    edited December 2003
    Question, mmonnin, how big a PSU do you need for sm21??? 350 Watt do??? or 400??? Might could provide\donate either size, decent but not GREAT (Codegen would be brand, would be stable and pretested and harness would have been partly rewired with proper wire and connectors and pins-- basicly a refurb done and tested by me). SM boxes do not burn much, much less of a PSU needed than for a multimedia dev box, know that much. Do you need some new screws and studs to mount mobo for this thing also???

Router will not be here until Monday, should have two boxes back online Tuesday or Wednesday for F@H assuming can get WU turnins more reliably out of the stable\final 4.00 client, and will put them up for at least a month. IF both boxes can turnin reliably, 1K-1.2K per week of points average will be quite doable. Dialup was not working, and Linux client was spawning 4 copies to run once with Pres with latest kernel on my broadband direct connect box-- kiling any one copy brought whole client down hard, with no work point marking in files or CP file gen. With the Barton box online on broadband also, think production will be more steady pointwise than stats showed previously by a lot.

John.