Mobile Windows?

TexTex Dallas/Ft. Worth
edited October 2008 in Science & Tech
Hi guys. I really wasnt sure if this was hardware or software.

Got a buddy that needs a fancy PDA or something for a project that runs mobile Windows? Have any of you messed with this? Dragon voice recognition now runs on mobile windows and the project would entail needs a fancy pda or whatever thing running mobil windows and dragon to input data.

I have never had a PDA like this at all. How do you get programs on these rascals? USB cable transfer I assume.

Any recomendations on a PDA at all? All its ever going to be used for is with dragon to input data into the mobile version of excel. Do we need an external mic or is it usualy built in?

Cowboy

Comments

• mas0nmas0n howdy Icrontian
    edited October 2008
    Before I moved to Smartphones and the like I was an iPAQ warrior. They are the best PDAs in my opinion.
  • TexTex Dallas/Ft. Worth
    edited October 2008
    mas0n wrote:
    Before I moved to Smartphones and the like I was an iPAQ warrior. They are the best PDAs in my opinion.

Uhhhh (wink) so you sold the old iPAQ already huh?

Cheers

Cowboy
  • KwitkoKwitko Sheriff of Banning (Retired) By the thing near the stuff Icrontian
    edited October 2008
    edited October 2008
    mas0n wrote:

So no one is telling me how you get new programs like dragon on here? LOL

Cowboy
  • BlackHawkBlackHawk Bible music connoisseur There's no place like 127.0.0.1 Icrontian
    edited October 2008
    If Dragon is supported in Windows Mobile, you'll be able to install it via ActiveSync (like installing an app on your PC) or by manually placing the cab file in the phone's storage and installing it from there. You can usually do all this with a USB connection or you can try bluetooth.
    edited October 2008
    THATS what I was looking for! Love YA MAN! LOL

Cowboy