Lian-Li cases?

WuGgaRoOWuGgaRoO Not in the shower Icrontian
edited June 2003 in Hardware
Why are these things so expensive??
http://www.xpcases.com/index2.asp?CatID=1
i mean look at the bottom... the lian-li70 is 190..when i can get a x-pider WITH a 420watt psu for 130...why are they so damn expensive

Comments

• shwaipshwaip bluffin' with my muffin Icrontian
    edited June 2003
    you're paying for the name...and the looks. I have a pc-60, and i <3 it. There are also some nice features on the lian, ie the removable mobo tray.

Also, you spelt masturbation wrong :p
  • WuGgaRoOWuGgaRoO Not in the shower Icrontian
    edited June 2003
    which would u people prefer to have...and why
  • NixxerNixxer Nottingham, UK
    edited June 2003
    Although I did nearly buy one, I think that Lian-Li cases are not worth the money. Sure they look good and have decent features but they are priced extortionately.
  • Geeky1Geeky1 University of the Pacific (Stockton, CA, USA)
    edited June 2003
    I know ppl that have them and hate them. They're constantly complaining about the thumbscrews stripping the aluminum...
  • TheBaronTheBaron Austin, TX
    edited June 2003
    i payed the extra money for my lian-li because it's a classy looking case, its aluminum, it has enough fans to get airflow moving while not being obnoxious, and it doesn't have a STUPID WINDOW
    edited June 2003
    i dont mind windows actually...ill prolly end up putting on in myself to show off my water cooling...but thats besides the point. I mainly want the lian-li cuz its different...cuz EVERYONE has that antec case..whether its the x-pider or not...its still the same case that alienware used and everyone has. While it looks like a damn good case its too common. Anyways...how easy is it to paint on a lian-li
  • edited June 2003
    if i was going to but an aluminiUm case i would buy a coolermaster one..... the best.
  • shwaipshwaip bluffin' with my muffin Icrontian
    edited June 2003
    don't buy a lian li if you're going to paint it.
  • NixxerNixxer Nottingham, UK
    edited June 2003
    shwaip said
    don't buy a lian li if you're going to paint it.

Is that from experiance?! I wouldn't leave it in the same room as a paintbrush if I bought one.
  • TheBaronTheBaron Austin, TX
    edited June 2003
    on the topic of coolermaster cases - they use the same chieftec chassis as everyone else. the only difference is that a bunch of their cases have an aluminum front bezel, but the rest of the case is constructed of 1.0 secc
  • DanGDanG I AM CANADIAN Icrontian
    edited June 2003
    I got myself a PC71 case from lian li. The only reason I got it was that it was the biggest thing on the market for a reasonable price that would hold a ton of hard drives. The antec/lookalike cases are nice, but I'm looking for something that will hold 8 or more hard drives, and my watercooling setup, so that's the only reason I got one. That and it was on clearance for $100 less that I can buy them from my distributor.
    edited June 2003
    :wow: less than a 100 bux?? can i get it for this price too? lol How much u think a 6070 would run u for?

oh and schwaip...why shouldnt i try ti paint the lian-li cases?
  • DanGDanG I AM CANADIAN Icrontian
    edited June 2003
    It won't happen, they were on clearance because nobody ever bought them because they were so expensive. I bought 2 of their last 4 cases that they will ever get from lian li.
    edited June 2003
    hehehe......