TRUE Copper coming soon!

edited October 2008 in Hardware
All you cooling fanatics out there, the rumors about the TRUE Copper heatsink are TRUE ;) and it will be available soon. My source told me that they will be coming in some time next week hopefully, so I imagine they will be for sale by the end of next week. But they aren't for the faint of heart; they bugger will weigh in at 1.9 kilo's and will kill a Benjamin to buy it. But I think it will have the best chance of really eclipsing the cooling power of the regular TRUE of any heatsink on the market. BTW, here is a link to the TR preview page.

I should have one coming next week, but unfortunately I will be going to work offshore then too, so it will be a couple of weeks after I receive it when I get to experiment with it.:bawling:

Comments

• BuddyJBuddyJ Dept. of Propaganda OKC Icrontian
    edited October 2008
    Balls. I just ordered a Xigmatek today. No wonder Newegg was out of stock of TRUEs. The Thermalright rep said they had some big surprises coming.. I guess this is one of them.

They must have updated the page late this afternoon. I didn't see the preview on the front page this a.m.
    edited October 2008
    1-3.jpg

4lbs of copper for $100. I'll take one!
  • edited October 2008
    And people just thought the Black TRUE was pretty. That's what I call pretty. I've always had a weakness for all copper heatsinks; they soooo purty! :D
  • LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited October 2008
    But....

does it have a flat base? If it does, that will be a real monster of a performer. Speaking of which, why is it that Thermaltake's real champion, the IFX-14 never gained popularity? The price?
  • ZuntarZuntar North Carolina Icrontian
    edited October 2008
    *Zuntar sighs*

So nice!!:cool2:
  • edited October 2008
    Leonardo wrote:
    But....

does it have a flat base? If it does, that will be a real monster of a performer. Speaking of which, why is it that Thermaltake's real champion, the IFX-14 never gained popularity? The price?

I think maybe because it's performance wasn't perceptibly better than the TRUE and is more expensive. Also, while I haven't ever seen one in person it looks to be much more bulky than a TRUE in all the pictures I've seen of it.

As far as the base flatness goes; well we will see soon. Hopefully they did address this problem though.
    edited October 2008
    Looks like we'll be benchmarking this bad boy real soon!
  • GnomeWizarddGnomeWizardd Member 4 Life Akron, PA Icrontian
    edited October 2008
    I wish they did smaller heatsinks like that ( micro cases )
  • jaredjared College Station, TX Icrontian
    edited October 2008
    Oh man, I'm glad I put off buying my heatsink until my next paycheck. This looks very promising :D

My next newegg order is coming together in my head :D
    TRUE copper..... check
    120mm fans... check
    silverartic ... check

cheers :jared:
  • LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited October 2008
    I wish they did smaller heatsinks like that ( micro cases )
    There are plenty of all copper, low profile coolers. Zalman instantly comes to mind.
  • GnomeWizarddGnomeWizardd Member 4 Life Akron, PA Icrontian
    edited October 2008
    I have the CNPS 8000