ATTENTION SMP WINDOWS FOLDERS

LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciersEagle River, Alaska Icrontian
edited November 2008 in Folding@Home
Please note:

If you are running the Windows SMP client version 6.22, you need to prepare to upgrade.

6.22 is set to expire 2 November 2008 - yeah, less than two weeks from now. Its replacement, version 6.23, can be downloaded here.

The full installer package is not yet available at Stanford's download page. What I linked is the .exe drop-in file.

Instructions:
1) download new .exe
2) stop your current SMP Folding@Home client;ensure all FAHCore_A1.exe instances have stopped
3) go to the folder where FAH SMP is installed and either rename the existing .exe (if you wish to save it for 'just in case') or remove it from the folder.
4) simply drop the new .exe into the Folder and you are ready to rock and roll...almost
5) ensure that the startup icon you use has the "-SMP" flag set

You do not need to re-run your config file. Your previous, partially completed work unit should pick up exactly where it was when you turned it off.

I have installed 6.23 now on five machines, five clients. So far it's working without error. And surprise, SMP production has gone up somewhere between 5 and 10%! (serious points!)

Folding Forum discussion of the new client

Comments

• LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited October 2008
    I realize some of you are still use client 5.9x. Yes, that will expire also.
  • DanGDanG I AM CANADIAN Icrontian
    edited November 2008
    woohoo, free extra points!
    edited November 2008
    I've been running 6.23 for a week now. It's very stable.
  • csimoncsimon Acadiana Icrontian
    edited November 2008
    Thanks Leo ...just installed. Time will tell if points increase for me too.
    edited November 2008
    The deadline for changeover from 6.22 to 6.23 has been extended to July 2, 2009. Read about it here. Actually, the first deadline I had posted for November 2 had already been postponed to February 2, 2009. And now we are at July.

I would though, recommend you upgrade to 6.23 as soon as practical. The new client revision is very smooth and you now get credit for partially completed units.
  • GargGarg Purveyor of Lincoln Nightmares Icrontian
    edited November 2008
    I only got about 2-3% increase from the new client, but I'll take it :thumbsup:
    edited November 2008
    The biggest benefit of 6.23 is that partially completed units will receive points credit. No need for that QFix pain in the butt.

6.23 has been very stable, very smooth on my computers.