Thank You

edited October 2008 in Hardware
Hello All,

I was here in early September asking for advice on building my own system & then I pretty much disappeared. I wanted to let those of you who tried to help me your efforts did not go unappreciated. Due to a series of events, one being I was in a car accident, I wasn't able to build my own system after all.

I wound up buying from an online seller & thanks to what I read here I was a smarter shopper. I made sure I got a good PSU, a Rosewill 600w, because it was stressed this was very important. I also got a Thermaltake uber quiet cooling fan, round cables, upgraded CPU cooling fan & a cooling fan for the HD. The computer itself has 4 gigs RAM, 500 gig Hitachi HD, Asus MB, dual core CPU, XP OS. It's a pretty decent system & I can do a lot more things on it than I could my old system...so far I'm happy with it.

Again, thank you for all the advice, recommendations, etc., I appreciate it very much. It really did pay off in it's own way. Take care & be well, when I need computer advice again I know where to find you guys. ~Xen

Comments

• primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited October 2008
    You don't NEED to come here JUST for computer advice, you know ;)

Come for the tech, stay for the friends :p

Glad it all worked out for you, sorry to hear about your car accident.

Stick around!
  • Eleventh-SunEleventh-Sun United States
    edited October 2008
    Sorry to hear about your accident.

Your system sounds really nice, and I'm glad you got a good one.

E-Beers to all the folks that helped him out :D
  • LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited October 2008
    Not a bad choice at all. You don't have to jump right into do-it-yourself. My first computer was off-the-shelf crap. (Off the shelf used to be much lower quality than it is today.....especially Packard Hell, I mean Bell.)

My second machine, when the first one fell apart component by component within 9 months, was from a custom shop. They salvaged what they could from my Packard Bell. After a couple more upgrades from a custom shop over the next two years, it struck me that upgrading and DIY probably weren't so difficult.

Ta da! Then I started building my own.

You are on the right track, though. Custom is the way to go if you don't have the opportunity or desire for DIY.
  • UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian
    edited October 2008
    Icrontic is like the worlds largest bar with infinite seats. You sit down, get advice, and then some turn into regulars who slam back one after another amongst the best friends around.

Be one of the regulars!