Call of Duty 5 (PC)

2»

Comments

• SonorousSonorous F@H Fanatic US Icrontian
    edited November 2008
    The Co-op is a nice feature, Nazi zombies can be fun for about 5 minutes, but the on-line play is terrible. The major gripes I have involve the weapons. Now first let me state that this IS a video game, and these are MY opinions.
    About 90% of the servers I have played on have players running around with a Type 100 Japanese sub-machine gun, which I find annoying because it is way too over powered. If person A and B (in real life) are about 100 feet away from each other, and person A has a M1 garand and person B has a type 100, if they each fire two shots in the center mass I will have to say that person A will have done far more damage. Using any sort of rifle in COD5 is pretty much worthless. The weapon setup has major balance issues.
    Next on my gripe list is the spawning issues. Enemies spawn with you (mostly behind you) all the time. I have seen a group of team mates spawn with an enemy behind them at least 2 or 3 dozen times. They need to fix it.
    There are 4 or 5 more things that irk me but I won't go into them now. COD is a classic case of a company taking over a game and releasing it with out it being ready in all aspects. If you are thinking of buying, wait. If you already own it, sorry mate. Looks like we got suckered into the hype again eh?
  • botheredbothered Manchester UK
    edited November 2008
    I use a rifle all the time. A Gewehr. I find it accurate and deadly. I do agree with your comments about some of the machine guns though, the kill cam shows them to be accurate and deadly also, even from miles away! I totally agree about the spawning issues as well but even so, I really enjoy the game, it's far better than CoD4 and if you can find a server with 10 or less players you can have some fun.

PS, never played the single player game.
  • SonorousSonorous F@H Fanatic US Icrontian
    edited November 2008
    Have you tried the hardcore mode? I feel like it makes the game a lot more fun.