Forum Upgrade

Comments

• LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    edited December 2003
    EyesOnly wrote:
    BTW why does blackhawk sometimes use the name vitues of evil as previously stated in this thread. Isn't there plenty of mods anyway.

He changed his name - so he doesn't use it "sometimes," he just plain uses that name now ;) I'm not sure what that second bit is about, but he's been a mod longer than all but 3 or 4 people on the staff (I'm including IC tenure as well).
  • EyesOnlyEyesOnly Sweden New
    edited December 2003
    I didn't mean to insult anyone i thought that blackhawk had gotten a second username and wondered why. Can't he do what he wants with just one. As for the number of mods it prolly can't get high enough. I like modded forums since then i know it's a good and safe environment to be in but i couldn't understand why a mod would have two accounts. Well now i know. And again i'm sorry. Must remember to explain what i mean better to avoid confusion.
  • ShortyShorty Manchester, UK Icrontian
    edited December 2003
    EyesOnly..

Just to clarify this mis-understood situation... Blackhawk had his account changed to his new name :)

He only has the one account. However, there will always be references to him across the forum with the old username.. as is the way dynamic software can be flawed ;)

His posts will display his new name but old threads he created will always say "Blackhawk".. as the BB software doesn't update the thread table to compensate :)

I hope that clears up that misunderstanding :)
  • BlackHawkBlackHawk Bible music connoisseur There's no place like 127.0.0.1 Icrontian
    edited December 2003
    EyesOnly wrote:
    I didn't mean to insult anyone i thought that blackhawk had gotten a second username and wondered why. Can't he do what he wants with just one. As for the number of mods it prolly can't get high enough. I like modded forums since then i know it's a good and safe environment to be in but i couldn't understand why a mod would have two accounts. Well now i know. And again i'm sorry. Must remember to explain what i mean better to avoid confusion.
    No problem but I've only had one account.
    EyesOnly..

Just to clarify this mis-understood situation... Blackhawk had his account changed to his new name

He only has the one account. However, there will always be references to him across the forum with the old username.. as is the way dynamic software can be flawed

His posts will display his new name but old threads he created will always say "Blackhawk".. as the BB software doesn't update the thread table to compensate

I hope that clears up that misunderstanding
    What he said :D
    edited December 2003
    Misunderstanding cleared up. Thanks shorty and voe-bh
  • McBainMcBain San Clemente, CA New
    edited December 2003
    Uhh.....little bit of a WTF going on here....btw....using firebird.

See for yourself
    edited December 2003
    That is a CSS rendering issue with VBulletin.. which I have reported to their devs. Im waiting for feedback from them on a solution :)
  • EnverexEnverex Worcester, UK Icrontian
    edited December 2003
    Actually, it makes sense. Where else is it going to be? Because your screen res it too low it has to truncate it.

The reply thread window is a complete mess as the moment due to the "kneel snickers" smiley.
    edited December 2003
    The smilies are now randomised. With no way of reverting back to the previously ordered selection (ala VB2).. again, Im waiting to see what Jelsoft do on the next service release (due beginning of the month).

The kneel suckers smiley is not omni-present every reply, so it's not a permanent problem.
    edited December 2003
    Agree that the reply window doesn't look to good. BTw i noticed earlier today that the dates now show as they used to with the previous forum. Is this because i'm using the older style listing or is it also in the newer.
    edited December 2003
    Shorty wrote:
    The smilies are now randomised. With no way of reverting back to the previously ordered selection (ala VB2).. again, Im waiting to see what Jelsoft do on the next service release (due beginning of the month).

The kneel suckers smiley is not omni-present every reply, so it's not a permanent problem.

Oh really? (See attached). It has been present in every post I have made since the change over (I have cleared caches and cookies since then). Plus it makes a complete mess, see attached again.
    smi.PNG 74.8K
    edited December 2003
    The dates were reverted to the old style as general consensus was that the detailed version was too difficult to use :)

The post reply doesn't cause me that problem. Il look into it :)
    edited December 2003
    Smiley problem fixed.
  • panzerkwpanzerkw New York City
    edited December 2003
    Much gooder now
    edited December 2003
    panzerkw wrote:
    Much gooder now

Yep, neat and tidy, though the entire page is still right aligned for some reason...
    edited December 2003
    Not on my screen :)
  • profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited December 2003
    For what it's worth, under IE6 w/all SP's I never had any trouble with the randomized smilies. (Other than having to hunt the :fold: guys down for milestones). Everything else has been quite smooth, too.

:clap:
    edited December 2003
    This is what I meant about bloated, the forum software is becoming crap, because it only looks spaced out enough at resolutions greater than 1600x1200, which I think you'll find most people dont run.
  • profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited December 2003
    Enverex wrote:
    This is what I meant about bloated, the forum software is becoming crap, because it only looks spaced out enough at resolutions greater than 1600x1200, which I think you'll find most people dont run.
    I'm running 1280X960 and it looks fine. The only thing I noticed was that there seems to be more room on the screen, not less. :-/
  • NecropolisNecropolis Hawarden, Wales Icrontian
    edited December 2003
    Mine is running at 1280x1024 and there is plenty of room. Everything is well spaced. I like it this way.
  • CammanCamman NEW! England Icrontian
    edited December 2003
    upgrade looks pretty sleek, one question though, a lot of times when I've been on forums and they change around the style they leave the "old one" available as user selectable so you can use the old forum style if you want, any chance of that happening or because its VB3 is everything completely different?
  • botheredbothered Manchester UK
    edited December 2003
    Shorty wrote:
    User CP-->options--> Style
    There is now an option called "Old School Postbit". That style contains the old style horizontal postbit :):)

Also the location of members seems to be missing. I always liked to see where people live. Any chance of putting it back in?
  • EQuitoEQuito SoCal, USA
    edited December 2003
    Mine is running at 1280x1024 and there is plenty of room. Everything is well spaced. I like it this way.
    ditto :thumbsup:
    edited December 2003
    Shorty wrote:
    EQ... try now.
    I _think_ it'l work now using Blackhawks link.
    Nope, still doesn't work but thanks for trying. ;)
    edited December 2003
    EQ... you gotta make

http://www.short-media.com/forum/search.php?do=getnew

a favourite :) I have it as my homepage, so I know it works now :)
    edited December 2003
    Thanks! I'll give it a try and let you know. ;)
    edited December 2003
    No luck Shorty, still doesn't work.
    As you can see, a few minutes later there are new posts but using the link doesn't show them...
    edited December 2003
    Works for me. Seems like your browser is caching the page. Try pressing Ctrl+F5 to do a forced full reload. As that is a dynamic page, so it should always be right.
    edited December 2003
    Sorry, my bad. I didn't follow Shorty's post to the letter and I was saving the search result as my favorite instead of the URL he posted.
    However, there seem to be a time limit and now (about an hour later) the search shows only two posts instead of all the posts since I made the link.

Do I make sense?
    edited December 2003
    Yeah it does mate :)

I did just check the post logs and it's just quiet at the moment. Il monitor it over the next few days and see if there is still a bug in it.. but I think it's just cause there isn't alot of peeps about posting :)