Forum Upgrade

1235»

Comments

• EQuitoEQuito SoCal, USA
    edited December 2003
    There is definitely a bug or the time limit is very short cause I just clicked on it and now I get only one post (yours above) while a few minutes ago it was showing 4 or 5 threads.
  • EyesOnlyEyesOnly Sweden New
    edited December 2003
    Never like the new date format so i'm glad it was changed back. The reply page look ok now. Everything is visible without the need to sidescroll at 1024x768. Good work shorty. :type:
  • ShortyShorty Manchester, UK Icrontian
    edited December 2003
    EQ... I've got some tweaking to do with the search (mainly to exclude milestones from showing up in the "new posts". Il take a snitch at it and see what it does :)

Ive also added "Thread started by:" in the forum display, so its more clear why a username is listed under a thread title :) and added a break between stickies/announcements and the main forum threads. Should help navigation.
  • EQuitoEQuito SoCal, USA
    edited December 2003
    They don't show up and never did afaik but unfortunately, the "view new posts" keeps reseting every x amount of minutes/hours thus showing only the ones since the last reset.

Thanks for all the hard work! :thumbsup:
    edited December 2003
    Ive removed them from the search index, but it can take a while to repopulate. I did some tests but Ive submitted a report to VBulletin anyway on it. It's curious and I dont think we are the only ones with this wierd problem. Il keep ya informed :)

Added a bottom navigation bar as well. Just under the quick reply box when viewing a thread.. and underneath the threads when you view a forum. That should make navigation a snap :)
  • EyesOnlyEyesOnly Sweden New
    edited December 2003
    Any news on the location info in posts that were mentioned earlier. I too like knowing where people are from. Thanks for adding the bottom navigation links. It really help to not have to scroll to the top in every post.
    edited December 2003
    Il look into it :)
  • QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    edited January 2004
    I just noticed that when you perform a search and nothing is found... The page does not redirect you to anywhere. Also, there is no link to take you back to the forum home page. The main news home page is there, and an scroll box to select where to go, but no easy shortcut or redirection... Just my two cents.
    edited January 2004
    Il hack something in :)
  • QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    edited January 2004
    Your the Shizzle, or whatever. Your cool, dude...
  • botheredbothered Manchester UK
    edited January 2004
    'cough' location?
    edited January 2004
    bothered wrote:
    'cough' location?

Is there now ;)
    edited January 2004
    Wonderful, I'll have to go woot!.....WOOT.
  • EnverexEnverex Worcester, UK Icrontian
    edited January 2004
    Heres something interesting to add in. Time spent in forum. Completely pointless, yet interesting :)

Good call on the location bothered, I was going to say it myself but I think people are sick of hearing my voice.
    edited January 2004
    Enverex wrote:
    Heres something interesting to add in. Time spent in forum. Completely pointless, yet interesting :)

Good call on the location bothered, I was going to say it myself but I think people are sick of hearing my voice.

ooooo that's just been ported to VB3. Il look that up later.. :D
    edited January 2004
    Enverex wrote:

Well I'm not sick of hearing your voice, or is that seeing your voice?
  • cybermaticcybermatic Bendigo, Victoria, Australia
    edited April 2004
    The new forums are alot better I think. I just finished upgrading the forums on my site to the VB 3 Gold, and love it. There are quite few extra features too. Admin CP is also great.
    edited April 2004
    I have an upgrade path determined and ready for VBulletin 3 gold. Once the new sitecode is up and running, that's the next task.

VB3 is a great product, we are happy with it :)