vBulletin 3.8 coming

LincLinc OwnerDetroit Icrontian
edited January 2009 in Community
vB 3.8 is in beta 3, which means it's not far off. The "official" list of new features is like 100-items long, but as is par for the course it is 90% fluff that no one is going to care about. Here's the parsed down list, all involving Private Messaging:

• Read receipt automatically accepted
  • Quick Reply added
  • Sorting added
  • Selections are remembered over multiple pages for bulk actions (Move, delete, mark as read etc).
  • PM reporting
  • PM searching (hey, it only took them 8 years, back off)
There have also been a few improvements made to Albums, and you'll be able to use the lightbox to scroll through all the attachments in a thread (hello Babe/Dude threads! ;D) rather than clicking them one at a time. If you really want to see the entire list of crap, here ya go.

Comments

• KwitkoKwitko Sheriff of Banning (Retired) By the thing near the stuff Icrontian
    edited November 2008
    So still no changes to their shitty template scheme, eh?
  • jaredjared College Station, TX Icrontian
    edited November 2008
    4.0 hopefully.

Although I'm really expecting them to **** it up and add more useless features. :(
  • LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    edited November 2008
    They added "inline diff" to make it more convenient to be raped by their template reversions.
    edited December 2008
    3.8 hit RC1 (Release Candidate) today.

Meanwhile, Blogs 2.0 is RC1 now as well and they continue to shovel features into it to make them more like Wordpress without the user experience. :rolleyes:
    edited December 2008
    Wordpress 2.7 RC1 is out as well ;)
    edited December 2008
    I know, it's in my RSS :p That doesn't mean anything for 99% of our members, though.
    edited January 2009
    3.8 is gold, just in time for the weekend.
    edited January 2009
    Done. New PM goodness is up.
    edited January 2009
    Folding sigs broke?