new to me... dell 2005fpw... blue mark in middle of screen

phuschnickensphuschnickens Beverly Hills, Michigan Member
edited November 2008 in Hardware
I picked up a new monitor tonight off of craigs. I noticed when I was testing today, but it has a blueish mark in the middle of the screen. Probably about 3 inches long and .25 inches wide in a crescent shape... very faint blue and looks like it might have some very faint spots of red as well... is this a burnt lcd?? Anybody seen something like this?

thanks

picture is with my phone... sorry the color is terrible (the background is a blank excel spreadsheet so it should be white).

Comments

• primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited November 2008
    Looks like impact.
  • phuschnickensphuschnickens Beverly Hills, Michigan Member
    edited November 2008
    those ****ers
    edited November 2008
    any fix?
  • LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited November 2008
    That looks like a silhouette of knuckles, from a fist.
  • jaredjared College Station, TX Icrontian
    edited November 2008
    Yeah something was dropped on it, or was rammed into it.

That's not fixable.
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited November 2008
    The crystals are leaking.
    edited November 2008
    Open the image and put your right fist up to it. Knuckles line up with the arch and the thumb tip marks the isolated point at the top.
    edited November 2008
    lol! Leo's a :ninja:
    edited November 2008
    Ohhh, there have been sooo many times I've wanted to do that to a monitor, especially my monitors at work...reading a 'guidance' email from an imbecile at headquarters...I tell you....
    edited November 2008
    :( leaking crystals? does that mean it's going to get worse?
    edited November 2008
    Probably, yes.
    edited November 2008
    Sweet.

On a separate, unrelated note... anyone wanna buy a monitor? it's awesome... no problems whatsoever. :range:
    edited November 2008
    If you bought it off CL you should of turned it on when you picked it upi ;)
    edited November 2008
    well, i did, but i rushed... it was weird... she didn't want to meet at my place or at hers... which i get, but didn't like... so we met in her hummer (seriously)... and she had an ac outlet in her cig outlet... so i turned it on and saw the black background with the dell logo and stuff... then hooked my laptop up to it and messed around for a minute. Unfortunately my laptop desktop color background is black... so it wasn't that obvious (but i did notice and mention it to her). And I was looking at the screen from an angle (even less obvious) because, you know, it's a 20 inch wide sitting in a baby's car seat. I felt rushed b/c she's not a comp user and was kinda staring at me probably thinking "what's the big deal?." I'm not thrilled about it, but it was only $125 and I was going to use it in my dual mon setup but I'm thinking now I might just use it as the monitor i hook up to "visiting" computers b/c i've been using a 15" crt for the last 10 years.
    edited November 2008
    Sounds like you were one step away from being robbed for crack money.
    edited November 2008
    yeah or getting blown by the chick... and she's a personal trainer = HOT
    edited November 2008
    LOLWUT
    edited November 2008
    i'm laughing out loud at the whole thing right now... a personal trainer in a hummer h2 wearing a red bandana in a starbucks parking lot in west bloomfield, mi (9th wealthiest city in U.S.) ... i think she was in the bloods (represent)... and selling faulty computer parts to nice, unsuspecting gentlemen like me
    edited November 2008
    west syeeeed
    edited November 2008
    word
    edited November 2008
    ...one step away from being robbed for crack money.
    Eeew, why hide your money there? :eek3:
    On a separate, unrelated note... anyone wanna buy a monitor? it's awesome... no problems whatsoever. :range:
    Just put it back on Craigslist and advertise it as an Apple iDell WonderScreen. Should be good for about $350. They'll pay any amount for i-anything. Good for watching movies while relaxing on the iToilet.
    edited November 2008
    i could probably spraypaint it white and say it's an iphone

people are as dumb as .... uhh... as dumb as i am :)