titanium tower case

Dilbert-FirestormDilbert-Firestorm Nuclear Wasteland, Gretna, LA New
edited December 2008 in Hardware
hey all,

I've got this idea bouncing in my head about a getting a Titanium mini-case. Its supposed to be lighter than Aluminum & Steel. I'm sure a Titanium case is more expensive. haha... I must be something to even think about it. :bigggrin:

Question is.. who sells one?

Comments

• KometeKomete Member
    edited November 2008
    I've seen some titanium cases before but usually the frame is steel and the outer sides are titanium. I think it is overkill though. Now a titanium laptop would be worthy of the metal.

If you do find one you end up getting post a link.
  • BuddyJBuddyJ Dept. of Propaganda OKC Icrontian
    edited November 2008
    Aluminum is roughly 60 percent lighter than titanium, conducts heat well, and is inexpensive and easy to machine. Titanium is heavier, harder to machine, and doesn't conduct heat or electricity well. There's a reason they don't make Titanium cases.
  • Dilbert-FirestormDilbert-Firestorm Nuclear Wasteland, Gretna, LA New
    edited November 2008
    thanx for your views regarding titanium. I had thought they were lighter than aluminum but stronger..

guess it'll be an aluminum case. any suggestions on a link?
    edited December 2008
    I've always been happy with Lian Li cases. Their LanCool brand is more budget oriented with steel frames and all-aluminum paneling. Silverstone and Cooler Master also make cool aluminum enclosures.
  • LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited December 2008
    guess it'll be an aluminum case. any suggestions on a link?
    Micro, mid-tower, full tower? Will you make it a mobile system, as in take it to LAN parties? No? Do you think you will build the computer and then not open it very often; or will you frequently work in it?

Makes a big difference in what we recommend.
    edited December 2008
    Leonardo wrote:
    Micro, mid-tower, full tower? Will you make it a mobile system, as in take it to LAN parties? No? Do you think you will build the computer and then not open it very often; or will you frequently work in it?

Makes a big difference in what we recommend.

It'll be have to be a micro tower as it will replace the AT micro tower which is Intel P2-350 based. I prefer the case be easy to get into when I need to upgrade, which is not very often.

Mobile system? I wouldn't mind it if it were a mobile system, but I've never been to a Lan party tho. I wouldn't mind going to one if invited. :bigggrin:

I do have an Antec ATX full tower case (1240sx I think), but its made of steel I believe. This tower, I do try to upgrade abit more than usual.
  • bullzisniprbullzisnipr Topeka, KS
    edited December 2008
    If you can, keep an eye out for a Rocketfish full-tower Aluminum case. It's a rebranded Lian-Li (the fan's even say "Lian Li Corp") I have one, and absolutely love it, the price makes it THAT much better. Extremely light as well, for it's size anyway.
    edited December 2008
    Consider yourself invited to the annual Icrontic EXPO Lan Party/ Awesome Social Event of the Century. You can read about it and past events here.

Just to clarify... you aren't planning on installing your old AT hardware in the new case, right? Baby AT and mATX don't mix well.
    edited December 2008
    Buddy J wrote:
    Consider yourself invited to the annual Icrontic EXPO Lan Party/ Awesome Social Event of the Century. You can read about it and past events here.

Just to clarify... you aren't planning on installing your old AT hardware in the new case, right? Baby AT and mATX don't mix well.

No. only the old mobo won't be transfered to the new case as they were AT based.. If you haven't been following the AGP mobo thread, that is what this new case is for. Yes, please, I know AGP is supposed to be obsolete.......
    edited December 2008
    Gotcha. You know, for a mATX system, you'd be better off with an AMD 780G motherboard. Its integrated graphics are better than the AGP card you have, and the additional PCI-e slot will make future upgrades easier.

Consider this Foxconn board ($66)
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813186141
    and a Phenom X3 8450 (94)
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819103254
    and 2GB of OCZ Platinum (29)
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820227178

You'd have a great mATX system for general tasks that's a modern video card away from being able to play every game on the market.