OMG Phantom will you please DIAF

primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' BoopinDetroit, MI Icrontian
edited December 2008 in Gaming

Comments

• jaredjared College Station, TX Icrontian
    edited December 2008
    After they spent a whole year trying to sue [H] and Kyle Bennett only to fail miserably, I figured they had quit honestly. They should have.
  • jaredjared College Station, TX Icrontian
    edited December 2008
    oh and this was from Penny arcade in 2003.

http://www.penny-arcade.com/images/2003/20030820l.gif
  • edited December 2008
    Holy crap. I've never heard of these guys, but from your article alone... this is simply ludicrous. And you're right - if you've shot BOTH of your feet already, why shoot yourself in the groin next by using THE SAME BRANDING?!

*facepalm*
  • WinfreyWinfrey waddafuh Missouri Icrontian
    edited December 2008
    How often can you use a word like ‘flabbergasted’ and actually mean it? That’s serious business.

;D;D;D bwahaha! ;D;D;D
  • LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited December 2008
    Again! They're still here? Holy smokes.

How is it that some fraudsters can be so energetic and so creative, but still just want to tear down and steal. Were they to apply the same energy to something honest, they'd probably be a huge success.
  • mertesnmertesn I am Bobby Miller Yukon, OK Icrontian
    edited December 2008
    I've never heard of these guys
    This is what they're counting and capitalizing on. They lay low for a year or two and then return for a fresh victim.
  • ShortyShorty Manchester, UK Icrontian
    edited December 2008
    I cannot believe they are STILL around. Well I will be damned.
  • edited December 2008
    Not only they are launching the very same product, minus the console, but they are launching it in partnership with GameStreamer, whose CEO is one Timothy Roberts. Funny how things never change.

By-the-by, their download site is now down, for an undisclosed duration.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited December 2008
    TIMOTHY ROBERTS is the CEO of GAMESTREAMER?

Oh the lolz never cease.
  • edited December 2008
    I can even top that, Suspect.
    The Phantom Game Store, whith the mark "Powered by GameStreamer" is just a skin over a standard trygame.com portal
    http://www.trygames.com/
    they even replaced the "Powered by ActiveMark" with their own bogus technology logo.
    The downloads, the DRM, the payments are all handled by TryGames.com
  • LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited December 2008
    They lay low for a year or two and then return for a fresh victim.
    It's understandable how consumers might get hoodwinked. There are always people entering the online market without much experience, and the stakes are relatively low. What boggles my mind is that investors will time and again fork over significant money to these lowlifes. No excuse, research is just too easy.