Weird 7600GT SLI Colored Lines in Games

2»

Comments

• edited January 2009
    I started Warcraft 3 just before 2 mins [the pc during the last 6-7 hours was idle, didn't play any games, just firefox] and the greed dots dissapeared from the loading screen! I run a game but the freeze stil exists. I will now install the new drivers...
  • LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited January 2009
    I hope you removed the old drivers first.
  • edited January 2009
    I didn't remove them i forgot. Things are the same as before, nothing changed with the new drivers. Plus something new, now if i have SLI enabled, i quit W3 and the pc freezes for ever...

dsc00046qu8.th.jpg

If i have SLI disabled, it doesn't freeze on game exit, but the several freezes ingame remain.

Nevermind, i will try tommorow some driver removals and reiinstalls. Thanks for the help!
  • edited January 2009
    Today i tried a lot of combinations, after cleaning drivers and reinstalling them.
    Both cards, either seperatly, either on SLI perform good. Green dots appear at random times, i haven't figured yet.
    Warcraft 3 stil freezes in any mode, dunno why. I believe that the problem is somewhere else.
    I have another not similar but strange problem. I also own an "old" pc with amd athlon xp x64 3500+, asus a8v deluxe and ati radeon hd 3850 512mb agp 8x [before it had asus v9999td]. Before i change the GPU and after, 3Dmark 2006 does't start up! The loading screen starts but after ~5" the pc reboots.
    So i start to think if there's a combination of hardware that makes warcraft behave in that way.

:eek3:
  • edited February 2009
    Hi guys, I just popped in, to inform you that the problem was 99% motherboard. I tested the 2 GPU's in other systems and they were 100% ok.
    Now waiting for the new M/B & CPU :P