Looking for a DVI video card

airbornflghtairbornflght Houston, TX Icrontian
edited December 2008 in Trading Post
I'm looking for a single or double dvi video card. My parents have just gotten an lcd tv and my mom streams movies on the computer quite frequently and would like to watch them on the big tv, but the video card in the computer is a radeon 9200se. Nothing fancy, and it doesn't have dvi.

I just need a run of the mill agp video card that has a dvi output. The most video intensive thing that happens on that computer is firefox so it just needs to be cheap. Hit me up with a price and model if you can help out. The cheapest newegg had was $50 and that seems too much for what they need.

Comments

• LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited December 2008
    What about PCI? I have a Quadro NVS 280 PCI (PCI, not PCI-e). It's also fanless so would be great for an HTPC. It's dual DVI out with use of a special cable - included.
  • The-Lovable-Mr--HaterThe-Lovable-Mr--Hater Planet Earth
    edited December 2008
    I dont know if it will help, but i have an NVidia 5200, and also a 5500, both have teh DVI port. Not to expensive, i think i paid around $70-$80 each. they dont have fans either so they arent that big. not sure if it helps. im new and all.
  • LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited December 2008
    they dont have fans either
    A big plus for home theater setups - quiet.