Finished my first mod.

bullzisniprbullzisnipr Topeka, KS
edited September 2009 in Hardware
I've got a Rocketfish (LianLI) full tower case that had no cable management, so I cut holes and painted it myself. :)

Since the first picture was taken, I got rid of the tracer ram because of an issue with other ram I bought on ebay (long story). Anyway, I've got 4GB of Kingston 1066 now, got rid of the plastic case on the rosewill heatsink and added a cold cathode.

Let me know what you guys think and what could be changed.

BEFORE:
DSC00792.jpg

AFTER: (i realize there is a scuff and shiny spot above the cpu, working to get that fixed)
DSC00859.jpg
DSC00860.jpg

Comments

• rolleggrollrolleggroll Next to a bowl of rice
    edited December 2008
    Looks pretty. Good job there.
  • _k_k P-Town, Texas Icrontian
    edited December 2008
    That is really nice and clean, me likeie. It beats a ghetto cardboard cover I did to hide cables. Really like how you left some of the case unpainted, adds direction to eye. Like it has been said there are three colors for hot cars and hot computers: black, red, and black.
  • KhaosKhaos New Hampshire
    edited December 2008
    Nice. Black is the new black.
  • LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited December 2008
    Good work, very clean looking.
  • KometeKomete Member
    edited December 2008
    Very Clean indeed. Nice case too.
  • fatcatfatcat Mizzou Icrontian
    edited December 2008
    seksi

what model Lian Li case is that?
  • bullzisniprbullzisnipr Topeka, KS
    edited December 2008
    fatcat wrote:
    seksi

what model Lian Li case is that?

It's branded as a Rocketfish, but made by Lian Li Corp. they put Rocketfish on the front of the case, yet the fans included even say Lian Li Corp. on them. :p

Anyway, it's a mix between the Lian Li PC-G70B and the PC-A71B.
  • DrLiamDrLiam British Columbia
    edited December 2008
    I would love to do something like this myself but I doubt I have the skills. :[ Great job though!
  • bullzisniprbullzisnipr Topeka, KS
    edited December 2008
    DrLiam wrote:
    I would love to do something like this myself but I doubt I have the skills. :[ Great job though!

It's more so having the correct tools and planning it all out. I didn't take as much time as I should have, but I did plan where to cut holes and such. My dad's got a complete shop with just about any tool I need, so it's not a huge hassel to do something like this. Can't believe I didn't earlier. :p
  • VicarVicar Icrontian
    edited September 2009
    very good cabling, can't pick up[ the courage to dremel my case yet. maybe one day i will get to it. Job well done.