Can't get Bios to load

DogDragonDogDragon Jacksonville, Fl Icrontian
edited December 2008 in Hardware
Ok the MB is a K9MM-V and it would not post so I reset the BIOS.
Now this is where I'm at
I have the MSI main screen
It says
MSI Motherboard V-Class
and at the bottom it says
Press Tab to switch to POST or DEL to run BIOS Setup
I pressed DEL and nothing and tried Tab and nothing than I tried
another keyboard and nothing I know both keyboards work. :wtf:
One keyboard was a PS/2 and the second was a USB.
So what do I try now? :scratch:

Comments

• LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited December 2008
    It appears the motherboard is not detecting your keyboard. Try with another board. Another BIOS reset wouldn't hurt.
  • DogDragonDogDragon Jacksonville, Fl Icrontian
    edited December 2008
    Leonardo wrote:
    It appears the motherboard is not detecting your keyboard. Try with another board. Another BIOS reset wouldn't hurt.
    Ok took the keyboard off my rig and did another Bios reset same thing:banghead:

But it's not detecting the keyboard {the keyboard lights didn't flash like they
    do when I start up my rig} ok it flashed now but still don't do anything when I hit delete
    so I'm lost
  • LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited December 2008
    OK, I'm dense, I don't quite understand. You are saying that you cannot even get into the BIOS, correct?

If I'm understanding you correctly, it would appear that the BIOS did not completely reset either of two times you tried. You need to unplug the power supply, remove the mobo battery, and just let it sit for an hour. There may be some capacitance somewhere in the motherboard circuitry that just won't discharge, so just let it sit for a while with no power at all and try again.

If that doesn't work, try a new motherboard battery.
    edited December 2008
    Leonardo wrote:
    OK, I'm dense, I don't quite understand. You are saying that you cannot even get into the BIOS, correct?

Right
    Leonardo wrote:
    If I'm understanding you correctly, it would appear that the BIOS did not completely reset either of two times you tried. You need to unplug the power supply, remove the mobo battery, and just let it sit for an hour. There may be some capacitance somewhere in the motherboard circuitry that just won't discharge, so just let it sit for a while with no power at all and try again.

Ok will try letting it sit for an hour
    edited December 2008
    Leonardo wrote:

If that doesn't work, try a new motherboard battery.

Ok, change the battery and just tried it. It been off and unhooked from
    all power for a few hours and still the same.

This is driving be buggy