BFG... Complete Systems

TurboPenguinTurboPenguin Orangevale, CA
edited January 2009 in Hardware
This is more news than anything else, but I came across the link below and thought I would share with everyone. BFG is without question one of the best GFX and Motherboard makers will soon be building complete systems... After searching the web there seems to be a few pics of what the systems will look like and its very impressive. For those of us with lots of money this looks like a real competitor for high end systems....

"Phobos was designed for gamers and media enthusiasts who demand top of the line performance, but may not have the time, desire, or expertise to build or maintain a high end system," said John Malley, senior director of marketing for BFG Technologies. "Our Concierge Service ensures our systems meet those high expectations-delivering Unbelievable Performance without monopolizing our customers' time."

Phobos is designed with the highest-end components available, featuring the Intel Core i7 965 Extreme Edition 3.2GHz Processor, two upcoming BFG NVIDIA GeForce GTX 295 Graphics Cards, and CoolIt Contained Liquid Cooling Solutions to keep both the GPUs & CPU cool during the fiercest of gaming battles. BFG Tech also outfitted Phobos to serve as a home theater command center by choosing Windows Vista Ultimate with Media Center, including four hard drive bays, offering RF remote and TV tuner with DVR functionality, a front slot-loading Blu-ray Disc drive, the option for 5.1 or 7.1 surround sound audio cards, and an integrated iPod/iPhone syncing dock.

Phobos is as impressive externally as it is internally, offering Refined Aesthetics and an innovative design. Its sleek black gloss finish and hidden cable management makes Phobos look at home in the living room, next to a flat panel TV and high end audio components. BFG Tech's ground breaking touch panel LCD with performance control further sets Phobos apart from every other system in its class. The panel provides users with a System Status Overview-a real time snapshot of the processor, memory, network, and storage data. Phobos owners can also make real-time performance adjustments based on desired use (Auto/Quiet/Max), monitor the capacity and health of internal storage devices, display and control audio and video files, and more.

Basic System Specs

* Upcoming BFG NVIDIA GeForce GTX 295 Graphics Cards (x2 for Quad SLI)
* BFG NVIDIA GeForce GTX 285 for Dedicated PhysX Processing
* Intel Core i7 965 Extreme Edition 3.2GHz Processor
* CoolIt Contained Liquid Cooling Solution (GPU&CPU)
* MSI Eclipse SLI Intel X58-based Motherboard
* Patriot 6GB PC3-12800 1600MHz DDR3 Memory
* 4x Western Digital VelociRaptor 300GB Hard Drives
* Slot Loading Blu-ray Super Multi Optical Drive
* BFG LS-1200 1200W High Efficiency Power Supply
* Auzentech X-Fi Prelude 7.1 Sound Card
* Integrated iPhone/iPod syncing dock
* Unique 8" Interactive Touch Panel LCD
* In-Home Set Up Included with Every Phobos Purchase

For more information about Phobos, visit http://www.bfgsystems.com after January 8, 2009."

Comments

• KhaosKhaos New Hampshire
    edited January 2009
    Looks pretty. I like the case aesthetics in the flash.

As far as specs go, there's definitely a lot of nice hardware there, but the CoolIt solution leaves a lot to desire and I can't imagine what the thing will cost. I can't see any enthusiast going for this system, but then, that's not their mission statement anyway.

Seems they're filling the shoes left by Voodoo post-acquisition.
  • BuddyJBuddyJ Dept. of Propaganda OKC Icrontian
    edited January 2009
    I aim to get lots of photos of this at CES. The touch screen is what gets me. I love it so far.

The CoolIT solution is actually a very decent unit. It's quiet and performs on par with the top air coolers out there today. Considering that it costs roughly what a TRUE costs, and you don't have to lap the base, I'd consider it a good thing.

Cost will be up there. You gotta pay to play. The Elite version listed there will start at $8k. The cheapest model in the series starts at $3k.
  • KhaosKhaos New Hampshire
    edited January 2009
    The CoolIT solution is actually a very decent unit.
    For 8K I want better than a very decent unit; that's all. I agree with you, but I think that the CoolIt coolers are beneath a rig of such massive specifications, cost and grand ambition.
  • LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited January 2009
    For 8K I want better than a very decent unit
    For 8K I want a used car in reasonably good condition. 8K for a computer that will be worth $600 in two years?

I can see the ad on Craigslist now: "Best gaMing computer ever built. Sorry, but I need books for school, gotta sell the uber machine. I paid XXXX thousand for it just two years ago. All I'm asking is $900......"
  • KometeKomete Member
    edited January 2009
    $8,000...hrmmm, unless it'll kill resurrected alien -demons on mars for me, I'll pass on the BFG.

AND WTF is wrong with you people??? Isn't someone going to ask if it'll play Crysis. Well can it? ;)