Dual GPU doesn't have full output (kind of a folding question too)

2»

Comments

• Mt_GoatMt_Goat Head Cheezy Knob Pflugerville (north of Austin) Icrontian
    edited January 2009
    _k_ wrote:
    Thats not a very good photo we can't see anything.

This is a family kind of place!
    edited January 2009
    I finally got back to it again. So far no go. So far I have;
    • checked all the things listed in this thread so far!
    • uninstalled, rebooted and reinstalled CUDA DRIVERS
    • hooked up a display to the second card to see if that changed anything (stranger thigs have worked b4) NEVER COULD GET DISPLAY TO WORK ON SECOND CARD/ either as second display or solo!
    • switched cards in slots/ no difference, did verify that both cards wok just fine
    • switched target in shorcut boxes/ changed GPU1 box target from -GPU 0 to -GPU 1, got same error as GPU2 box was getting all along, changed GPU2 target box from -GPU 1 to GPU 0 and it worked just fine
    • switched jumpers for 16x PCI express slots from 16x and 2x to 8x and 8x/ did not make second card work, first card foled slower
    • tried SLI to see if anything changed/ did verify that SLI worked, but did not meet my expectations
    I am currently removing all chipset and video drivers then going to reinstall and try again.
    edited January 2009
    Did the reinstall of system and video drivers and still the same. ;( Also tried different drivers with no luck. At this point I am ready to give it up! This sure has been playing hell with my points production!!!
  • LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited January 2009
    One other thing you could try:

For the second folding client, in the start up, set the flag "-forcegpu nvidia_g80" (space between ~u and g~). This was used quite a bit only multi clients with older drivers, but you could try now as well. Note: yes, G80, even though your GPUs are all G92 core. It's just a signal to tell Windows that there is another Nvidia GPU that must be tasked separately from the primary GPU.

So assuming the startup for the FIRST GPU is designate "-gpu 0," then the second GPU-client-startup will be "-gpu 1 -forcegpu nvidia_g80."
    edited January 2009
    All I get is this...
    huh.JPG 36.1K