360 Headset

TvManPwnsTvManPwns Manitoba, Canada Member
edited January 2009 in Hardware
Ok, I have a 360 wired headset laying on my desk with a frayed cord. I was thinking of taking it and soldering a pair of skull candy buds and a cheap comp mic to it.

The only thing is that I'm not sure if it'll work and am not willing to waste a pair of perfectly good buds only to see them go to pot. I found a wired headset layout HERE. So I'm basically just wondering if its gonna work.

Any help would be appreciated,
Tvman :cool:

Comments

• KometeKomete Member
    edited January 2009
    I can't help you but avoid cutting the wires on the earbuds. They use a braided wire setup with some kind of plastic coating. Makes it impossible to join again.
  • TvManPwnsTvManPwns Manitoba, Canada Member
    edited January 2009
    k, ty.
    edited January 2009
    Ok, thought it would be nice if i updated on my little project. I ended up just using a headphone extension and soldering it on to were the original speaker was. Works great!!
    And no busted skullies :)

ty for help komete. :)
  • KometeKomete Member
    edited January 2009
    How about some pictures of your handy work. :) Eventually, I plan on playing my 360. I bought it over a year ago and I still don't own a game for it.
    TvManPwns wrote:
    Ok, thought it would be nice if i updated on my little project. I ended up just using a headphone extension and soldering it on to were the original speaker was. Works great!!
    And no busted skullies :)

ty for help komete. :)
    edited January 2009
    kk, here are some pics. Reply is a little late but i tend to forget to check my email =/

So, i basically just used an old sony headphone extension and kept the rest of the headset in tact because i didn't have the energy to construct a new mounting device for my head. Other then that everything works the same as before with the sounds control and mute functions. The only thing that i find odd is that i get an echo on live if i have my mic un-muted. Not a big deal, but annoying sometimes.

Enjoy :)
  • KometeKomete Member
    edited January 2009
    GJ my man, and thanks for posting up some pictures. They makes it so much easier for me to understand.