Wiki

CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄ƷDer Millionendorf- Icrontian
edited March 2009 in D&D Supernerd Heaven
Since the last update to the Book of the Isles, when Brian commented that he didn't have Word, I've been thinking how neat it would be to start a wiki for the campaign, so that all the rules, and other information could be stores there, and some of it would be editable by the players.

Then, on Friday, Gabe of PA posted about this obsidianportal.com, which is a wiki designed for D&D campaigns.

I'm going to look over the tools and see if it would work for us, but I'd like to know: Is it something that you guys would even be interested in using? or would you rather I just kept distributing this one document?

Comments

• primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited January 2009
    I'd prefer the wiki. Web = something I'm on constantly. OpenOffice/whatever = some extra program I have to launch
  • BuddyJBuddyJ Dept. of Propaganda OKC Icrontian
    edited January 2009
    I think a wiki would be awesome. I often times reference these two D&D wikis just general rules references:

http://www.dandwiki.com
    http://www.d20srd.org
  • CrazyJoeCrazyJoe Winter Springs, FL Icrontian
    edited January 2009
    I vote for wiki!!!
  • GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    edited January 2009
    Do it.
  • drasnordrasnor Starship Operator Hawthorne, CA Icrontian
    edited January 2009
    I'd love a wiki. Aside, I have no problem reading the Book of the Isles in OO :P.

-drasnor :fold:
  • CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian
    edited February 2009
    BTW: I left the talk pages open to editing by anyone who is logged in, so you can make whatever notes or comments you need to.

Would you guys also like a separate namespace for PC created content. I was thinking you could use it for the adventure log or something. Let me know, and I'll set it up.
    edited February 2009
    I guess that's a "no"...
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited February 2009
    ... link?
    edited February 2009
    Oh. I linked to it in The Book thread, but I guess it would be smart to put it here too. :o

http://tinyurl.com/theisles
    edited March 2009
    Articles added recently:

The Chim
    The Enlil
    The Epon
    Pelorians
    The War for Pelor's Love
    Calendar and Cosmology of The Isles
    edited March 2009
    Added some more small pages about people and places encountered recently. I'm working backward (actually, I'm kind-of working randomly, and at whim), so it might take a bit of time to get to the entries about the very first NPC and places the party encountered. If there is a specific person or place that you would like to see an article on right away, I'll add it to the top of the list.

You can always check http://isles.cbdroege.com/wiki/index.php5?title=Special:NewPages to see what I've added recently, and don't forget that you are free to make whatever notes you need to on the discussion page for any article.
    edited March 2009
    Ah. New Pages.... why didn't I think of that. I couldn't find "The War for Pelor's Love" page earlier, looking on Events, and now you have it linked there.
    edited March 2009
    Yes. I created the categories today, and spent some time organizing the articles into them. At first, I didn't think I would need to use that feature, but this morning I noticed that even with as few articles as there are, it was getting difficult for me to find everything.
    edited March 2009
    Also: You can add The Isles wiki to you FF drop-down search box. I can't figure out how to get it to add the favicon next to the box when you use it, like other sites do, but that's not a big deal, hopefully.
    edited March 2009
    neat!
  • BuddyJBuddyJ Dept. of Propaganda OKC Icrontian
    edited March 2009
    This wiki is cool business.