<Icrontic> Guild Info

124»

Comments

• pigflipperpigflipper The Forgotten Coast Icrontian
    edited September 2009
    RyderOCZ wrote:
    Just a note to Hawk and RWB.

Aquon (me) and Despe (fatcat) have left the guild. We received an invite from a slightly larger guild who will be starting raids on Naxxramas this week. We are going to "check them out" and possibly recommend merging the 2 guilds.

Merge under icrontic name...resistance is futile...you will become Icrontic.
  • RyderRyder Kalamazoo, Mi Icrontian
    edited September 2009
    The other guild has 47 Lvl 80 characters.. I doubt we will convince them to merge with us.

I don't want to give up on Icrontic and also.. I am not seriously impressed with the new one so far. We started Naxx 10 last night. I stayed for 2 wings, but by then it was midnight, so they found a replacement for me and I logged. I understand they did finish/clear it though. 1st time run for many (including fatcat, I think).

Like I said, this was not necessarily permanent, I would much rather turn Icrontic into something bigger and better. We could start spamming trade as a casual leveling guild?

EDIT: and apologies pigflipper, did not mention you in my original note :/
  • pigflipperpigflipper The Forgotten Coast Icrontian
    edited September 2009
    Ha, no worries. But yeah, we need to recruit for the guild.

I do not want Icrontic turned into a raiding guild though; I like your (ryder) idea about a casual leveling guild, but its more than that. We need to emphasize the community aspect and, as you said, just start spamming. Can't just let them in though, how about we make registering for the forums a mandatory part of guild membership and you can't advance beyond recruit without forum participation. This approach, casual leveling guild that will half-ass raid based on members make up, not pre-defined class roles, has worked really well for my old guild, Strength in Honor. Or rather, did work, I left once the raiders started to take more control and demanded more participation in raids; the final straw was being dissed for not having the proper gear when nobody in the guild would tell me what needed to be done.

This being said, I would like to start actively recruiting people again. We need enough people to always have at least two people logged in at any given time. This will help both with the community aspect as well as help with leveling.

Feel free to comment on ramble, I want coherent feedback (unlike the jumble of random characters in my post).
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited September 2009
    Don't give up on the guild :(

It's just like TF2. We didn't start with all these people. The steam group started with 10? 15 people?

Now it's almost 200.

You have to recruit! Get the name out! :D

DON'T MAKE ME START PLAYING AGAIN
  • fatcatfatcat Mizzou Icrontian
    edited September 2009
    We need 10 active level 80 players just to run anything Ryder and I are doing now. The Guild is still there for the low level people, and I still have toons in the Icrontic Guild. But all I run now are the daily heroics and 10 man raids, hopefully soon onto 25 man raids