In search of single-player PC gaming recommendations!

2»

Comments

• KhaosKhaos New Hampshire
    edited March 2009
    Dare wrote:
    The Witcher is good. Based off an updated NWN1 engine if I remember right.
    I picked up The Witcher Enhanced Edition about a week ago and after the relatively slow and linear introductory missions I am finding the game fantastic. Much fun.

It uses the Bioware Aurora engine, and with all settings maxed at 1920x1200 it looks phenomenal and plays really smoothly. (It was a 2007 release, so it should).

I have also sunk a bunch of time into GTAIV. After I learned to restart the game every hour and a half or so to avoid the memory leak problem the game has been great and loads of fun. The recent patches and ATI driver updates have made performance at 1920x1200 with most settings maxed very reasonable.

Lots of single-player fun to be had.

It still hasn't quite satiated that urge to crit-rocket someone in the face, though. =[
  • MochanMochan Philippines
    edited March 2009
    I'll be the odd man out and recommend Gothic 3, which is better than the Witcher for actual roleplaying.

I'll also say that Radiata Stories has nothing on Persona 3 or 4.
  • RADARADA Apple Valley, CA Member
    edited March 2009
    Fallout 3 is a fantastic game!

If you complete all the side quests, this game will take you quite a while.

I'm playing the Xbox360 edition, but the patches are the same for PC or 360, so I think the game should be as similar as cross platform games could be....
  • wthwwwthww Terre Haute, Indiana
    edited March 2009
    I hate to be that person, But I still thoroughly enjoy Fable, so I recommend Fable: The Lost Chapters. It still draws me in, I have to keep its DVD isos on my laptop for when the need to play it again resurfaces ;)

//Tyler
  • MrTRiotMrTRiot Northern Ontario Icrontian
    edited March 2009
    Mochan wrote:
    I'll be the odd man out and recommend Gothic 3, which is better than the Witcher for actual roleplaying.

I'll also say that Radiata Stories has nothing on Persona 3 or 4.

I found gothic 3 to be really buggy and not as polished as it should of been.

.....I recommend mount and blade. Fighting on a horse is great, and there's lots of mods out there if you ever get bored ;D