Got status 403 wat!?

_k_k P-Town, Texas Icrontian
edited March 2009 in Folding@Home
Ok so I have been trying to get my computer at work set up to fold and I have been failboating it hardcore.

[15:51:19] - Ask before connecting: No
[15:51:19] - User name: _k_ (Team 93)
[15:51:19] - User ID not found locally
[15:51:19] + Requesting User ID from server
[15:51:19] - Couldn't send HTTP request to server
[15:51:19] (Got status 403)
[15:51:19] + Could not connect to Primary Assignment Server for ID
[15:51:19] - Couldn't send HTTP request to server
[15:51:19] (Got status 403)
[15:51:19] + Could not connect to Secondary Assignment Server for ID
[15:51:19]
+ Could not get ID from server. Retrying...
[15:51:36] - Couldn't send HTTP request to server
[15:51:36] (Got status 403)

I can ping the servers. I am logging into a domain. As far as my boss says we don't have a proxy.:confused: I have tried using the IP for the web filter with no avail, same issue.

Comments

• pragtasticpragtastic Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    edited February 2009
    From http://www.w3.org/Protocols/rfc2616/rfc2616-sec10.html

"10.4.4 403 Forbidden

The server understood the request, but is refusing to fulfill it. Authorization will not help and the request SHOULD NOT be repeated. If the request method was not HEAD and the server wishes to make public why the request has not been fulfilled, it SHOULD describe the reason for the refusal in the entity. If the server does not wish to make this information available to the client, the status code 404 (Not Found) can be used instead."

Not sure if this helps any...
  • _k_k P-Town, Texas Icrontian
    edited March 2009
    I am pulling this back up because I have not been able to get it to work still, helps pleaz. I spent some more time on it today and I still have no idea how to get it working.
  • shwaipshwaip bluffin' with my muffin Icrontian
    edited March 2009
    your server may be not accepting connections. do you know what work server you're assigned to?

http://vspx27.stanford.edu/serverstat.html
  • LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited March 2009
    Something else to try - make sure the your antivirus is set to exempt the F@H folder(s). Some AVs can cause problems like you are describing.