Looking to build a new PC

2»

Comments

• BuddyJBuddyJ Dept. of Propaganda OKC Icrontian
    edited February 2009
    JonnyGuru on the Signature 650W. If their recommendation is worth anything, I think Colgere will be okay. ;)
  • ColgereColgere Cincinnati, OH Icrontian
    edited February 2009
    I also found this review (in addition to BuddyJ's) that I read before buying it. Seems pretty thorough.

http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/article/658/1
    edited February 2009
    For those who don't know, JonnyGuru reviews of PSUs are some of the best, most thorough testing done on the net. Hardware Secrets also uses a real load tester. If you wanna really know if a PSU is good or not, this is the only way to test things. Don't let other reviews blow smoke up your butt.
  • KometeKomete Member
    edited February 2009
    Buddy J wrote:
    From my talks with AMD, they're suggesting the AM3/DDR3 boards will likely have some bugs that need to be worked out with with BIOS updates and revisions. For the sake of stability, AM2+ is my choice.

That's a hell of a tip. Thanks for the heads up...
    edited February 2009
    Just an update, I've finally gotten all the parts in and built the system (in fact, using it right now. :) ) Thanks again to everyone for your help.
    edited February 2009
    SuperPi it!
  • LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited February 2009
    built the system (in fact, using it right now
    There's a legion of Icrontic members now applauding.

Well done!
  • KometeKomete Member
    edited February 2009
    Colgere wrote:
    Just an update, I've finally gotten all the parts in and built the system (in fact, using it right now. :) ) Thanks again to everyone for your help.

So what all did you end up with and how are you liking it?
    edited February 2009
    Buddy J wrote:
    SuperPi it!

Will do when I get home tonight.