Mini Disc to PC (Mp3) - HELP!? :)

FelixDeSouzeFelixDeSouze UK New
edited February 2009 in Hardware
Hi Guys/Gals,

I have a Sony Walkman Mini disc MZ-N710 (Net MD) and I need to get some songs from the mini disc to my PC. The problem I've found so far is that Net MD is the worste technology in the world and doesn't like it when you try to pull songs from the mini disc to the PC (only one way).

I have SonicStage installed and Audacity as well using a Mini USB to connect it.

I have researched this crap piece of technology and everywhere points to the conclusion that you CAN'T rip the music from it.

Does anyone have any experience with this and offer their expertise?

Many thanks!!

Comments

• RichDRichD Essex, UK
    edited February 2009
    Icould never get it to work either. I had to plug the audio out into my soundcard and record it using audacity
  • FelixDeSouzeFelixDeSouze UK New
    edited February 2009
    Yeah, I don't even have the proper cable and I have onboard sound, will that work?
  • KwitkoKwitko Sheriff of Banning (Retired) By the thing near the stuff Icrontian
    edited February 2009
    MD should DIAF. I'm glad Sony gave up on it.

Do you have an optical input? That would be your best bet.
    edited February 2009
    Nope, not on the PC... There is an optical slot on the MD player but I don't have the cable and so far I've only seen cables with Optical to Optical.. Nothing like, Optical to Sound in (on the PC side).

Is there cables that do that?
  • KwitkoKwitko Sheriff of Banning (Retired) By the thing near the stuff Icrontian
    edited February 2009
    I used to use optical>USB with my MD. Worked well. You should be able to find one online.
    edited February 2009
    Surprisingly I can't find any, did you have any type of converter between?
  • RichDRichD Essex, UK
    edited February 2009
    You can just use a 3.5mm stereo jack to 3.5mm stereo jack. Plug it into your audio out on your MD and your line in on your PC. Make sure you have the audio turned up full on the MD and the right input selected in your system sound settings and audacity.
  • DogDragonDogDragon Jacksonville, Fl Icrontian
    edited February 2009
    Kwitko wrote:
    I used to use optical>USB with my MD. Worked well. You should be able to find one online.
    I use optical>USB too but it has it's probs. one if you make MD with one pc you can't
    hook into another and delete the files on that MD.
    But, I do like it just not impress with SonicStage.
    edited February 2009
    Yeah, I still can't seem to fnd that cable. I'm not fussed about using MD anymore, just need to get the songs off as I can't get them anywhere else.