Graphics card problem

2»

Comments

• ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited February 2009
    Until you adjust the memory voltage, there's no telling for certain that it's borked. Unless you already have, then it's probably borked.
  • JokkeJokke Bergen, Norway Icrontian
    edited February 2009
    I did, although it said "Overclock failed" upon booting...
  • RyderRyder Kalamazoo, Mi Icrontian
    edited February 2009
    AI Tuner to Manual.

Memory voltage is down at the bottom, under where you set memory speed, etc. just keep scrolling down.
    edited February 2009
    But anyways, thanks for your help, all of you. I'm going to bed now, will try to continue tomorrow..
    edited February 2009
    Ok. I entered BIOS and set the voltage to 1.66. (it is the DRAM Bus Voltage, right?)
    With that setting, it wont boot with three sticks of RAM, only 2. It boots, running lots of checks, then says: "No physical Drive! No Virtual Drive! No HDD Detected", and then proceeds into bios at my click.

I got my new HDD today, the WD Velociraptor 300GB. In bios, it is listed on SATA 3, like this:

SATA 3

Device :Hard Disk
    Vendor : WDC WD 3000HLFS-01G6U0
    Sixe :300.0GB
    LBA Mode :Supported
    Block Mode:16Sectors
    Async DMA:Multiword DMA-2
    Ultra DMA :Ultra DMA-5
    SMART Monitoring:Supported

And then I can change this underneath, everything is set to auto, except 32bit data transfer, which is set to enabled.

If I don't enter BIOS, it proceeds to load windows from the DVD. It brings me to a screen similar to the Vista log-on screen, but there is nothing there, just the background, and a mouse pointer, that I can move around.

I took out the Vista DVD and booted again, without doing anything.
    It then says: "Reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected device and press a key"
    edited February 2009
    Jokke,

Can you use any combo of the 3 sticks or only 2 of the sticks will boot in the board?

Vista will have a fairly long pause when it boots.. how long did you wait at the screen with the mouse cursor?
    edited February 2009
    Any combo, as long as it is just 2 sticks. Add the third, and it craps out. Altough it's weird, it seems quite random.. This is the first time I've managed to boot with this precise stick with no problems..

Will check Vista again now, please hold.
    edited February 2009
    Hehey, waiting for a few minutes actually gave me a screen to choose language! WoHoo!
    edited February 2009
    There ya go.. get it installed.

Odd about the 3 sticks though.. once you get Vista installed.. update the bios, that could be it.
    edited February 2009
    IT'S ALIVEE!

Installing now.
    edited February 2009
    But, I don't quite get it... (I'm slow, I know) It says it doesn't detect a HD when booting.. How can I install Vista.. And why does it show up in Bios?
    And why does the memory act up? Could the slot on the MB be broken?
    edited February 2009
    For the HD, it's probably not detecting the device on normal IDE, and is instead being detected as an AHCI device which will not show up on the POST screen.
    edited February 2009
    It's working. Vista is installed, and working. However, even with 2 sticks (should be 4GB, mirite?) Vista only detects 2GB...Something has gone wrong.
    edited February 2009
    What bios version is on the board?
    edited February 2009
    Bios Information: Version : 1102
    Build date:12/18-08

System Memory
    Usable Size : 2040MB
    edited February 2009
    ok, you have the latest bios.
    edited February 2009
    Get SPDTool: http://www.techpowerup.com/spdtool/SPDTool_063.zip no installation, just unzip to your desktop.

Boot with 2 of the modules, open SPDTool, go to File > Read > choose 1st module, once it is done reading, go to File > Save > name the file and save it. Repeat on second module.
    Now boot with the single module and repeat.

Email me all 3 files: eryder at ocztechnology.com
    edited February 2009
    "No memory modules found. Incompatible SMBus driver?"
    edited February 2009
    Did you install your Intel chipset drivers?
    edited February 2009
    I have 3-4 people who have used that version on X58... hmmmmmm
    edited February 2009
    I installed all drivers that came with the mobo-DVD..
    edited February 2009
    Then you cannot do what I asked.. that is so odd. I will have to test out on my P6T here.

Go to your vendor and exchange the memory if you can. If they won't help you, then email me and we will get it taken care of.

If possible, see if you can get your hands on some DDR3, this still could be a board or CPU issue.
    edited February 2009
    Wait! Redownloaded, works fine now! Will send those files soon.
    edited February 2009
    ...As soon as I get the monitor working again..
    edited February 2009
    Hah! Resetting the CMOS did it.
    edited February 2009
    Sent!
    edited February 2009
    Is this machine shitting me?! It NOW shows me 4 GB of RAM available. I'm in safe mode, but still... I need to reboot and see what happens..
    edited February 2009
    After a little tweak session just now, Ryder and I have found the RAM to be faulty somehow. Will try to return it tomorrow. I will be going away next week, so don't expect any update until mid-april. Thanks for all your help and suggestions so far guys! You're great!