No Sound

stephenstephen Ireland
edited February 2009 in Hardware
Hi All,
I recently done a system restore on an old PC I had lying and it all went well just that I now have no Sound. I have tried downloading drivers but to no avail. All leads are connected correctly and nothing is muted, there is a yellow check mark next to C-MediaAC97 audio device in the device manager. It gives the driver as version 5.12.1.51 but I cant seem to locate it nowhere.

Any help would be great
Thanks in Advance

PS Its windows XP

Comments

• stephenstephen Ireland
    edited February 2009
    Hi all,

Just want to let people know that I have managed to sort this sound issue out and to thank all who read this post.

Stephen.
  • LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited February 2009
    Stephen, why don't you post the action you took to fix the problem. Let others read your experience so they can learn, too.
  • stephenstephen Ireland
    edited February 2009
    Leonardo wrote:
    Stephen, why don't you post the action you took to fix the problem. Let others read your experience so they can learn, too.

Sorry Leonardo, Didn't think of that.:eek3:

From googling I discovered that my sound card was part of my motherboard and when I let windows auto check for drivers it downloaded windows drivers which didn't work. I downloaded a program called belarc adviser which gave me the manufacturers name of my sound card/audio system and then searched for drivers using the manufacturers name and on the 3rd attempt got the right one. That's it really, a little bit of trail and error.

Hope this helps,
    Stephen:wink:
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited February 2009
    Good hunting! :D