STOP error during Windows install

pigflipperpigflipper The Forgotten Coast Icrontian
edited February 2009 in Hardware
I am getting a STOP: 0x000000A5 error. It is stating that the BIOS on my A8N32-SLI is not ACPI compliant. I have never seen this error before today while attempting to reinstall Windows XP.

I am at a complete loss as to what I should be doing. I am way out of the loop in terms of hardware problems. It has been suggested that I flash the bios again, but I have no way of doing this at time of posting.

Suggestions?

Comments

• LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited February 2009
    Two things come to mind:

- some weird bug that can be fixed by completely discharging the motherboard circuitry and BIOS - remove the battery for a couple hours
    - the CMOS battery needs replacing
  • pigflipperpigflipper The Forgotten Coast Icrontian
    edited February 2009
    Leo: I've gotten it to start installing now after reseting the BIOS (took the battery out for over an hour).
  • LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited February 2009
    A8N32-SLI
    Abit motherboard right?
    - some weird bug that can be fixed by completely discharging the motherboard circuitry and BIOS - remove the battery for a couple hours
    Classic Abit quirk! Abit has personality! Believe me, I have a love-hate relationship with Ms. Abit.
    edited February 2009
    Asus nforce4 based board.

Got windows installed and booted...twice. Now it gets most of the way through loading before flashing a BSoD and rebooting. seems stuck in a loop.
    edited February 2009
    possible bad board? This system has seen a lot of travel (NOLA, IC LAN, Atlanta, Orlando, Miami) so I wouldn't surprised if something was damaged during those trips and has finally hit the wall in the past weeks.