182.06 drivers

_k_k P-Town, Texas Icrontian
edited February 2009 in Folding@Home
Since the 182.06 NVidia drivers have been released I have been trying to find some numbers on the ppd change, if any, that people are getting. Needless to say I have not found anything really worth while. 2 counts where people had increases and once instance of ppd loss. Most everything on the folding forums currently is with some 2xx cards having issues with them.

Just asking if anyone has tried them yet and if they have noticed any difference.

Comments

• LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited February 2009
    You may have already seen my post at Foldingforum, but here's a summary. I switched over all my Folding boxes from 180.60 beta to 182.06. I think my production increased by about 3-4%. The reason I say 'think' is that I did not record all the work units and production data before and after the switch, I only compared the total production numbers as indicated by FahMon. Given the time it took me service five computers 12 clients, it's possible a number of new work units were downloaded and engaged before I could get a fix on the production rate. 48 hours later, the average still appeared to be higher than before, but again, my metholody is not thorough by any means. It is safe to say though, that the new drivers did not degrade production. Out of 12 GPU clients, I've had 100% completion on work units since the driver change nearly three days ago. That's about what I was experiencing with 180.60.
  • _k_k P-Town, Texas Icrontian
    edited February 2009
    I just flipped over my GX2 and right now on projects 5758 and 5759 it is getting the same ppd 5184.
  • LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited February 2009
    I think the only significant difference from 180.60/181.20 and 182.06 is tweaks for stabilizing the 2XX series GPUs.

BTW, _K_, I'll shortly be selling two 8800GTs and a 9800GT (waiting on RMA) and will be replacing them with one or two GX2s - less power consumption than 2X88, higher shader count, and less space occupied in the computer case.
  • _k_k P-Town, Texas Icrontian
    edited February 2009
    I got about a 1.5% increase. My lan rig, GX2, and game rig, two 88 G92. I haven't bothered to update the driver on the 9600 GSOs.