PSU Size advice, not watts

SoLoSoLo DirtySouth, USA
edited March 2009 in Hardware
Hello all

I'm having a bit of a problem that im sure someone here can clear up for me.

I have a small iDeq lancube that recently the power supply died in. I've looked around for a replacement only to find out that the replacement PSU is out of stock(even on the iDeq website). Soo my question to all you wonderful lads is:

The size of this PSU is pretty small and i really dont think a ATX PSU will fit inside of the cube case?

here's a link to the PSU and cube:
[URL=""]http://www.biostar-usa.com/ideqdetails.asp?model=ideq+210p[/URL]
http://www.newegg.com/product/product.aspx?Item=N82E16817157101

Newegg says that the PSU type is ATX. I have another ATX in a NZXT case but its much bigger than the lancube power sup.

So, what should i search for? what size PSU should i look for? I shop at newegg but never bought a PSU other than ATX.

Its not important for me to have the original PSU to match. Al im trying to do is figure out what size PSU i should search for so i can replace the dead PSU.

thanks for any advice!

*Matt
:respect:

Comments

• SoLoSoLo DirtySouth, USA
    edited March 2009
    can anyone pease tell me what size replacement PSU i will need for an iDeq 210p?
  • LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited March 2009
    Solo, "ATX" is power rating/delivery standard, not a size specification. Yes, your computer will need ATX, so that shouldn't be the focus of your search.

I have no zero experience with miniaturized ATX power supplies. All I can offer is suggested search terms for UK Google: "small format ATX PSU," "mini PSU + ATX," "small form factor ATX + PSU." See where that leads.

Maybe someone knowledeable about specific parts or suppliers will pop in here and inform us.
    edited March 2009
    Also try "micro ATX PSU." That will probably find vendors with small ATX PSUs that would fit your case.
  • SoLoSoLo DirtySouth, USA
    edited March 2009
    thank you for clearing that up for me Leo. I appreciate your help.
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited March 2009
    ATX <i>is</i> a size specification. Please see section 4.2 of the ATX12v v2.2 design guide.
    edited March 2009
    So then, "mini-ATX" (or is it "micro-ATX") is specific size specification also? And if ATX is a size specification, then why are there different sizes of....ATX power supplies. Some are larger than others.
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited March 2009
    Some don't comply with the specification, and some do. PCP&C's massive 12v rails aren't ATX-compliant, but they still get pushed as ATX devices. Can't always account for marketing. :)