Graphics card trouble

yossarian084yossarian084 Norwich, VT, USA Member
edited June 2009 in Hardware
I just installed a graphics card on my new build and it isnt working. Its plugged in but doesnt seem to be getting any power. I installed the driver and all cords are attached. Its in a PCI-E slot.

What am I missing? Something in BIOS?

Comments

• Mt_GoatMt_Goat Head Cheezy Knob Pflugerville (north of Austin) Icrontian
    edited March 2009
    Your description is very cryptic. If you provide more information, like what components you have and what you did in order would help. Alos, tell us what does and what doesn't work. Reading what you have posted is more of a puzzle than a question or a plea for help.
  • edited March 2009
    It's a riddle, Goat.....an april fools' ridddle.
  • garfield619garfield619 Philippines New
    edited June 2009
    Ahaha.. pls post the name and model of card, check the PSU or maybe your mobo is only AGP XD.
  • willschillinwillschillin 18944
    edited June 2009
    BIOS - its set to AGP instead of PCI...or vice versa...

Is there a separate power supply (like floppy) for the card itsself?
  • UPSKingpinUPSKingpin Sir Elkhart, IN Icrontian
    edited June 2009
    BIOS - its set to AGP instead of PCI

That's always been the case for me. I've installed PCI video cards on factory rigs with integrated video or AGP and forgot to make the switch in BIOS :rolleyes:
  • RyderRyder Kalamazoo, Mi Icrontian
    edited June 2009
    The setting in bios for AGP or PCI, all that means is where the board looks first to find a video device. If you have leave change it away from PCI, then some boards will never look at PCI, thus if your VC borks and you try to test with a PCI vid card, video will not come up.