April Fools? or Sniper is next update... Monkey style

BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats !TX Icrontian
edited October 2009 in Team Fortress 2
http://www.teamfortress.com/post.php?id=2391

Sniper possibly next update. Pee in a jar, (Jar + Karate = Jarate!) possibly an unlockable, will stun the receiver of the Pee.

-Bobby

Comments

• primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited April 2009
    There is nothing there that is out of the realm of possibility, therefore I'll reluctantly call it "not a hoax"

although the jar of pee might be the hoax, I can't see any reason why sniper wouldn't be next.
  • NiGHTSNiGHTS San Diego Icrontian
    edited April 2009
    Jar of pee is in meet the sniper video, FWIW.
  • BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian
    edited April 2009
    Indeed it is, I remember LOLin good the first time I noticed it.

-Bobby
    edited April 2009
    .... Coffee in, Jarate out...

-Bobby
  • SnarkasmSnarkasm Madison, WI Icrontian
    edited April 2009
    That would be brilliant, actually - drink coffee to get some health back, then a few seconds later get a jar to throw at somebody.
  • UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian
    edited April 2009
    GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD

if only it's true, that is.
  • BlackHawkBlackHawk Bible music connoisseur There's no place like 127.0.0.1 Icrontian
    edited April 2009
    Are they leaving the good classes last just to piss people off? Just come out with the Demoman or Engineer update already.
  • BuddyJBuddyJ Dept. of Propaganda OKC Icrontian
    edited April 2009
    I hope Sniper is next. The piss jar is a bit much, but I'd be cool with it as an unlockable.
  • pragtasticpragtastic Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    edited April 2009
    Need moar sniper. I certainly vote sniper as next update class.
    edited April 2009
    Black Hawk wrote:
    Are they leaving the good classes last just to piss people off? Just come out with the Demoman or Engineer update already.

Not to piss us off, to promote play of the (per your definition) "bad" classes. An interesting graph in the recent PC Gamer magazine showed a chart of play hours per class spanning back to the Medic update. The spikes are amazing. Play hours for the class spike to multiple times more hours during the update. None of them fell back to or below the previous baseline (meaning overall hours are going up). Even a small spike in Engi play after the Engi "Mini-update" (Adding tele and dispenser upgrades)

A bit off topic the magazine also had a graph of L4D sales during the discount periods spanning back to the presale. The %50 off weekend they had a few weeks ago sent sales soaring!

:rockon:

-Bobby
  • KoreishKoreish I'm a penguin, deal with it. KCMO Icrontian
    edited April 2009
    I'd like a spy or engie update just to see how Valve is going to "fix the problems".
  • UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian
    edited April 2009
    You'll be waiting on the Engie for awhile, but honestly with the mini update, other classes would deserve the attention more.

I can't WAIT for this update.
    edited April 2009
    The next class pack will focus on the Sniper. It's been a couple of weeks since we posted, so we thought it'd be good to do some housekeeping. The next class pack will focus on the Sniper. It's actually shaping up to be the largest TF2 update yet, with multiple new maps and a bunch of gameplay tweaks. In addition, we've got another update in the works that should be done before the Sniper, and that one will include some new content for all classes.

...More
    -Bobby
  • UPSWeezerUPSWeezer Behind you... GENTLEMEN Icrontian
    edited April 2009
    Hmmm... pee in a jar
  • NYCDrewNYCDrew NYC(duh)
    edited April 2009
    I can't see them giving a "grenade" type weapon to the sniper. Maybe they will allow for a faster recharge for a kill shot?
  • BuddyJBuddyJ Dept. of Propaganda OKC Icrontian
    edited April 2009
    Hadn't thought of it that way. T'would be cool. Wonder if the jar only fills by standing still?
  • KwitkoKwitko Sheriff of Banning (Retired) By the thing near the stuff Icrontian
    edited October 2009
    Yes, let's do that. Your profile rocks. It's amazing, you look just like Jay-Z but you're not, because you're too awesome to lie.
  • KoreishKoreish I'm a penguin, deal with it. KCMO Icrontian
    edited October 2009
    aaron15 wrote:
    hey now yalls come see my profile

I came, I saw, I was unimpressed.
  • shwaipshwaip bluffin' with my muffin Icrontian
    edited October 2009
    Yo dawg, that's a sweet profile, but the sweetest profile i've ever seen is here