Safe at Home

KwitkoKwitko Sheriff of Banning (Retired)By the thing near the stuff Icrontian
edited July 2009 in Community
Safe at home. Had a blast. Short trip, but it was amazing. I love all of you ('cept fatcat)!

Comments

• QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    edited June 2009
    I made it back also... The wonderful TSA folks found my mico-leatherman multitool. You know the 2 knife, screwdriver, and pliers. I forgot I had it and it made it through Midway. Oh well...

The flight was short but the landing was a bit dicey when a wind gust tossed the plane a bit seconds before landing. Other than that, I am home and already waiting for news as to when the Expo IC 2010 is scheduled. :D
  • LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    edited June 2009
    Thanks for reporting in, fellas. It was awesome to have both of you here again :D
  • pigflipperpigflipper The Forgotten Coast Icrontian
    edited June 2009
    I too have made it home safely; trip was rather uneventful, thankfully. Had a great time, can't wait to do it again!
    edited June 2009
    Awesome, cheers piggeh. :)

Apparently Winfrey and Canti rolled their car twice on the way home but are not seriously injured :eek3:

fatcat is on the road, and _k just left.
  • AnnesAnnes Tripped Up by Libidos and Hubris Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    edited June 2009
    Prag and I are home safe. We did have to make a slight detour because the check engine light in the car went on again (gah!) but everything is well.

I am still completely exhausted even after sleeping for 9 hours last night, well done IC.
  • mertesnmertesn I am Bobby Miller Yukon, OK Icrontian
    edited June 2009
    Made it safely home yesterday. I have no recollection of either leg of my flight aside from getting on the plane, finding a seat, and waking up on landing so I assume everything was uneventful.

My TSA experience was odd... Pulled the laptop and Wind out of my backpack and sent everything through the scanner as normal. TSA lady called security in to do an additional bag check because she found a "problem". She then informed me that I "need to take all 'dem electronics outcho baeg next time". Apparently at DTW this means pull all hard drives, mice, and hard drive docks to her. TSA there isn't too bright. They only pulled the three 3.5" bare hard drives (missing the two 2.5" bare drives and one 2.5" in an enclosure) , one of the two mice, and one hard drive dock in its original packaging (there was another loose one they missed). Apparently a USB hub doesn't count as electronics either.
  • RyderRyder Kalamazoo, Mi Icrontian
    edited June 2009
    I am safely...........still at ICHQ. :p
    edited June 2009
    ;D
  • SnarkasmSnarkasm Madison, WI Icrontian
    edited June 2009
    I, too, made it home driving.
    Lincoln wrote:
    Apparently Winfrey and Canti rolled their car twice on the way home but are uninjured :eek3:

Canti called me around 4am to tell me not to worry about the dent in his door. I missed the call, but what the hell happened, guys?

Glad you're ok.
  • TiberiusLazarusTiberiusLazarus Icrontian
    edited June 2009
    Snarkasm wrote:
    I, too, made it home driving.

Canti called me around 4am to tell me not to worry about the dent in his door. I missed the call, but what the hell happened, guys?

Glad you're ok.

I got a call at 3 am that I missed as well. They had dropped me off in Columbia at 1 am and then continued on the way. Gonna try to get a hold of them and see what happened and make sure everything is ok.
  • RyanFodderRyanFodder Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited June 2009
    CannonFodder, reporting in from Dubuque, Iowa.
  • pseudonympseudonym Michigan Icrontian
    edited June 2009
    Reporting in from lovely Dearborn, Mi! Shwaip made it to the airport fine, the rest is up to him!
    edited June 2009
    CannonFodder, reporting in from Dubuque, Iowa.
    You go down I-80? If you did you came within 15 miles of my house. ;)
    edited June 2009
    Just talked to Winfrey. Apparently they went off the road a bit and over corrected, thus rolling the car a couple times. Winfrey's arm got rolled on and he has a fracture, canti is fine. The car is apparently totalled, so no need to worry about the dent you put in the door Snark :/. Other than that, they are fine. ./endstatusmessage
  • RyderRyder Kalamazoo, Mi Icrontian
    edited June 2009
    Thanks Jimmy.
    edited June 2009
    :( !

Thank God you're both alive, at least.
  • JokkeJokke Bergen, Norway Icrontian
    edited June 2009
    Good thing you're all ok. Too bad with the awesome cantimobile.

Well, I made it home safely, nice fligh... Oh, wait. I'm still at ICHQ!
    edited June 2009
    Jokke wrote:
    Good thing you're all ok. Too bad with the awesome cantimobile.

Well, I made it home safely, nice fligh... Oh, wait. I'm still at ICHQ!

Whatadick
  • WagsFTWWagsFTW Grand Rapids, MI Icrontian
    edited June 2009
    Magic and I made it home safely last night. I slept most of the way, while Andrew had an energy drink and swedish fish. We both went straight to bed, and I slept in until noon! :) Felt awesome. Hopefully Andrew is surviving work this morning.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited June 2009
    Made it home safe. Wait....
  • MAGICMAGIC Doot Doot Furniture City, Michigan Icrontian
    edited June 2009
    @work, BLAHH. Im going back to ICHQ after.
  • edited June 2009
    Back safe. Energy drinks packed in suit case == FAIL. Washing out AMP stains from clothes and cleaning off a sticky mouse and keyboard.
    edited June 2009
    ... and cleaning off a sticky mouse and keyboard.

Don't even think of blaming that on any drinks.
  • AnnesAnnes Tripped Up by Libidos and Hubris Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    edited June 2009
    Snarkasm wrote:
    Don't even think of blaming that on any drinks.

...sorry about that. :eek:
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited June 2009
    Annes wrote:
    ...sorry about that. :eek:

bullshit.
  • WinfreyWinfrey waddafuh Missouri Icrontian
    edited June 2009
    Canti and I are okay. I got a small fracture (they think) on my elbow, which is why I am wearing a splint and sling right now. I am back at scout camp, Canti is at his appartment in warrensburg. It is hard to say what the total damage is yet from the crash.

My computer case flew out the trunk but seems to be in relatively good condition. My Video Card heatsink is a little bent, my RAM flew out of the motherboard but we found those later. all the plastic bits to my case are pretty busted up, but the rolled steel held up very well. Canti's aluminum case is torn all to hell though. His car is completely totalled but his CRT monitor is fine. We don't know if my LCD monitor made it, he's got it at his house so I can't test it. There were lots of magic cards everywhere ;D One of the investigating officers was going to make fun of me for playing such a nerdy game, but apparently he plays WoW :bigggrin:

We threaded the proverbial needle when we went off the road. There were two power line poles that we rolled in between, and a 5' tall iron post (we barely missed this) that probably would have killed us if we had rolled over it. We both had our seatbelts on which kept us in the car and out of harms way. The airbags never went off, which probably saved us from further injury. My arm slipped off the armrest and out the window on the drivers side, the car rolled on it at least once. I was pretty calm afterwards, just a moment where I thought I was going to throw up, but didn't. Canti was jumping around yelling and stuff due to his sudden adrenaline rush. The investigators questioned him pretty hard about marijuana and alcohol. I got a ticket for careless use of a vehicle and will probably have to pay for the barbed wire fence we rolled over.

It has been one hell of a day. Glad to be okay, still feel like a huge douchebag for dozing off while driving and causing this whole mess. but we are ok and that is the most important thing. I'm glad everyone else is getting back safe.

Tomorrow I'll see if maybe I can get my computer to turn on or not :bigggrin:
  • pseudonympseudonym Michigan Icrontian
    edited June 2009
    I'm really glad you guys made it out ok. Hope you can salvage some of that computer stuff!

/iddqd
    edited June 2009
    Winfrey, I am really really glad you are both alright. Serious as hell, but you paint an amusing scene with flying RAM, Magic cards, and a manic Canti. :) Can we get a review of how your cases held up with pics? ;)

You guys are the reason we want to know when everyone gets home safely! :eek3: Hope your arm heals up in a jiffy.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited June 2009
    pseudonym wrote:
    /iddqd

^this

You have two lives left. Make 'em count! ;D
  • WinfreyWinfrey waddafuh Missouri Icrontian
    edited June 2009
    ya, I'll try to take some pics of my case. All of the case fans still spin fine, the cpu/heatsink is still fine. Some stuff inside got unplugged but they stayed secure in the case. Rolled Steel FTW! Everything plastic on it is torn to shreds.

I'll update some more tomorrow. I got a feeling I am going to feel sore as all hell though. Rolling your car @ 65mph, do not recommend.