Who makes Phenom II memory

edited July 2009 in Hardware
Who makes Phenom II memory?:rockon:

Comments

• SnarkasmSnarkasm Madison, WI Icrontian
    edited July 2009
    Memory is memory. All the major manufacturers make RAM that can be paired with a Phenom chip.
  • edited July 2009
    I know there has to be some one who makes Phenom II memory I'm just trying to find out who.
    edited July 2009
    I hate to burst your bubble, but you're wrong. There are only two distinctions for memory right now: DDR2 or DDR3. Phenoms will use one of those two, and multiple memory manufacturers sell RAM in both the DDR2 and DDR3 variety. Example brands:

Patriot
    G.Skill
    OCZ
    Crucial

I guarantee all of those manufacturers to create and sell memory that functions with your Phenom II.
  • edited July 2009
    jdgsr57 wrote:
    I know there has to be some one who makes Phenom II memory I'm just trying to find out who.

Don't blame me, I didn't do it :crazy:
  • edited July 2009
    I don't care what functions with my Phenom II,I just want to know who the manufacture is. Ya know who makes it?
    edited July 2009

What about my posts are confusing? Nobody makes Phenom II-specific memory. Nobody.
  • JokkeJokke Bergen, Norway Icrontian
    edited July 2009
    Phenom II are processors.

Memory is, well, memory. They're two quite different components of your computer.
  • RyderRyder Kalamazoo, Mi Icrontian
    edited July 2009
    jdgsr57,

I work for OCZ, a memory manufacturer. As long as you buy DDR2 or DDR3, whatever your board holds, the memory will work with your Phenom II.

What motherboard are you using?
  • edited July 2009
    What ever? Have a nice day!
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited July 2009
    Here's what you're asking:

WHO MAKES THE TIRES FOR FORD FOCUS?

The answer: Almost every tire company makes tires that will work for the ford focus.

WHO MAKES THE MEMORY FOR THE PHENOM II?

The answer: Almost every memory company makes memory that will work with the Phenom II
  • edited July 2009
    WHAT EVER,HAVE A VERY NICE DAY!
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited July 2009
    It must be painful.
  • RyderRyder Kalamazoo, Mi Icrontian
    edited July 2009
    Extremely
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited July 2009
    I am having a very nice day. I'm sitting in a neighborhood pub, having a delicious local microbrew, having just ate a very satisfying breakfast. I'm surrounded by people working, a blues guitarist is quietly playing in the background. It's a beautiful day outside, and downtown Detroit is brilliant.

A list of DDR2 manufacturers. If your motherboard uses DDR3 instead, just google "DDR3 manufacturers".
    edited July 2009
    I'm baking a cake!

There's still no Phenom-specific memory being manufactured. None.
  • JokkeJokke Bergen, Norway Icrontian
    edited July 2009
    I'm chewing gum and slowly jerking off.

Phenom II are still processors.
    Have a nice day.
  • NiGHTSNiGHTS San Diego Icrontian
    edited July 2009
    I keep rereading Jokke's post and laughing harder everytime.

Also, posting in epic thread.
  • fatcatfatcat Mizzou Icrontian
    edited July 2009
    Jokke wrote:
    I'm chewing gum and slowly jerking off.

I wish I could multi-task

:approve:
  • ardichokeardichoke Icrontian
    edited July 2009
    Phenom II Memory is now a meme.... launch all photoshop!
    edited July 2009
    whomakesDDR2.png
  • KwitkoKwitko Sheriff of Banning (Retired) By the thing near the stuff Icrontian
    edited July 2009
    Phenom II memory is made by OCorMushGeilSkilStonRiotShockGroupZ
  • KwitkoKwitko Sheriff of Banning (Retired) By the thing near the stuff Icrontian
    edited July 2009
    WHAT EVER,HAVE A VERY NICE DAY!
  • ardichokeardichoke Icrontian
    edited July 2009
    Hmm.... in my professional opinion, your jumbo cruise control text needs MOAR RED
  • MyrmidonMyrmidon Baron von Puttenham California Icrontian
    edited July 2009
    I, uh, think he might mean 'who makes the phenom II processor?' Am I correct?

If that's the question, the answer is AMD.
  • lordbeanlordbean Ontario, Canada
    edited July 2009
    RyderOCZ wrote:
    jdgsr57,

I work for OCZ, a memory manufacturer. As long as you buy DDR2 or DDR3, whatever your board holds, the memory will work with your Phenom II.

What motherboard are you using?

You work for OCZ?

TELLZ ME WHAI DUZ MY PLATINUM DDR2-1000 ONLY RUN AT 900 STABLE SIR!!!!!!!!111111one

/shakefist

Bull aside, I don't really care. I KNOW it's overclocked DDR2-800. Anything overclocked isn't guaranteed to hold the same speed as it gets older. Besides, the kingston DDR2-667 modules would probably have some kind of fit at 1000. By rights they shouldn't even be stable at 900, but they are. Until they explode and burn, anyway.
    edited July 2009
    Get them RMAed. Ryder will handle the process. You'll have a new kit in no time.
  • lordbeanlordbean Ontario, Canada
    edited July 2009
    Oh, it's probably too late for that. I've owned them for more than a year. Couldn't run them full speed on my original mobo (Asus P5NSLI) due to a weird bios glitch that even OCZ had trouble figuring out, and recently got a gigabyte mobo and even though the system will post and attempt to boot at DDR2-1000 5-5-5-18 2.1v, it definitely isn't stable... get errors very quickly in prime95 blend.

Edit - P5NSLI was actually two boards ago, and before this ram. My bad. I fried that one. Most recent one was an Asus P5KC, and that's the one I was thinking of. I fried that one, too. That's where I derived my current title from.
    edited July 2009
    OCZ DIMMs have a lifetime warranty.
  • MAGICMAGIC Doot Doot Furniture City, Michigan Icrontian
    edited July 2009
    Hey, whats the wiggyjiggy in this thread?
  • edited July 2009
    You peeked and asked the question, it might be too late for you too.